Display a QR-Code tag for current URL in browser or any link, selected text or image on a web page. Size of QR-code is adjustable.
This QR-code tag extension generates a QR-code tag for the URL in the current tab open in Chrome or any link, text selection or image on a web page. Only right click and choose "Generate QR-code for this...". The tag can be scanned with a QR-code scanner/barcode scanner which could interpret the code and for instance launch the browser on a mobile phone jumping directly to the same URL.
The extension is very handy on for instance mobile phones to avoid typing long URL:s in order to go to a nice home page you found while browsing on your laptop.
* Display the QR-code in the size you prefer.
* Share the QR-code through Facebook or Twitter.
* Possible to save QR-code to disk to share through mail etc.
* URL shortener (http://bit.ly) can be used to simplify the QR-codes generated.
* Display QR-code for link, text selection or images of choice.
Feel free to leave a comment on improvements, bugs etc. Either through comments below, visit the support page, through comments below or directly by email: QRExtension at googlegroups dot com
Note: When installing extension Chrome will state it needs permissions to the browsing history. This is something all extensions will state if they utilize the chrome extension tabs api (http://bit.ly/b3iVa) in order to get the url of the current tab.