This is a companion extension for QOwnNotes to interact with the note taking desktop application.
QOwnNotes is the open source (GPL) plain-text file markdown note taking application for GNU/Linux, macOS and Windows, that (optionally) works together with the notes application of Nextcloud or ownCloud.
To use this extension QOwnNotes needs to be running.
- bookmark management from links in notes
- for more information about the bookmarks feature please visit https://www.qownnotes.org/Knowledge-base/QOwnNotes-Web-Companion-browser-extension
- creating a new note (only text) from the current selection by right-clicking it
- creating a new note from the content of the current webpage by right-clicking on the page
- the html will be converted to markdown and images of the page will be downloaded (might take a while)
- creating a new note with a screenshot of the visible part of the current webpage by right-clicking on the page
- the extension uses the `tabs` permission that may be interpreted as permission to `Read your browsing history` to be able to store bookmarks for all open tabs in a window with a single click