Set of handy tweaks of popular eshops for smart customers who want to get rid of marketing tricks make their own buying decisions
Shoping on-line is great. The problem is, that the owners of e-shops try to use every trick to get more of our money than we are prepared to spend. They do promos and discounts, they use prices ending with 999, they say that there's only one item in stock, etc.
Well, one day I said: "Enough!" and I wrote a simple script to get rid of the most annoying things. Soon I added more and more features, so that I can shop on-line without being manipulated.
- Highlight prices with VAT - Some shops display prices without VAT, because then the goods look cheaper. The problem is, most of the customer have to pay VAT.
- Rounding of prices - 199.99 is the same to me as 200, so why let them hack my brain by displaying all the nines?
- Simplified "In stock" information - They either have it or they don't. Displaying the number of items in stock can only trigger my sense of urgency. I don't want to be rushed.
- Remove specials and discounts - I don't want to buy something I don't need, just because it is on sale.
- Remove info about loans - Look, it's always bad to get a loan to buy something. Always. Don't do it.
- Remove the in-house banners - Yeah, I get it. You want me to buy more stuff with the highest margin. But no, thank you.
- Remove badges - Hot, Top, New... Who cares? It doesn't mean anything, it's just a bling-bling to draw your eyes.
- Remove offers of insurance or extended warranty - Some people want it, some people don't. It's up to you. This feature is disabled by default.
You can turn all these features off and on in the popup. Adjust your favorite on-line shops to your needs and preferences.
Supported stores (mostly Czech, for now):
- Alfa.cz (alfacomp.cz)
- Alza (alza.cz, alza.sk)
- Czech Computer (czc.cz)
- Datart (datart.cz)
- Kasa (kasa.cz)
- Mall (mall.cz)
- Marimex (marimex.cz)
- Amazon.com (United States), Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom), Amazon.de (Germany), Amazon.fr (France), Amazon.it (Italy), Amazon.es (Spain), Amazon.ca (Canada), Amazon.co.jp (Japan), Amazon.cn (China) - this extension uses Amazon's affiliate program to earn a few bucks for the future development, it doesn't have any impact on your prices
I always add support for more of your favorite on-line shops. If you'd like to see yours in the list, please, let me know at email@example.com
NOTE ABOUT REQUESTED PERMISSIONS:
This addon requests a permission to access all web pages. Without this permission, I would have to ask for additional permissions every time I add support for another e-shop. That would be very annoying.
I promise that I don't and won't sniff or modify any other websites than the ones listed above.
RECENTLY CHANGED IN THIS VERSION
- New feature - better price recommendation.
- Performance improvements.
- Better price formating when rounding.
- Removed banners from Alfa.cz.
- Better Amazon support.
- Complete rewrite to add support for virtually any e-shop.