PttChrome provides telnet connections to ptt.cc.
A GNU/GPL telnet client for connecting to BBS site ptt.cc
New in 1.5:
- switch to use sockets.tcp API from the deprecated socket API.
- setKeepAlive to improve disconnecting issues, append ?keepAlive=(seconds)
- use browser API's openTab so that clicking on app icon will open in chrome tab instead of in default browser.
- used a new default font file (MingLiUNoGlyph) to replace symmingliu
- For SSH connection, append ?ssh=true to the url.
- Blacklist can now load/backup with Google Drive documents.
- Large blacklist is saved locally only, no sync, you'll need to use Google Drive.
- Settings to automatically reply to duplicated logins (in Autologins settings tab).
- Live article helper added to context menu, can use alt + r to toggle.
- Switching easy reading mode in settings no longer require a restart.
- Mouse browsing.
- Allow going to other BBS sites.
- Input helper in context menu to easily insert color, symbol, emoticons.
- Autologin, but unencrypted, use it at your own risk!
- ANSI copy feature.
- To stretch font to cover the screen, you can enable it in settings.
- Easy reading mode, enable it in settings
- Hover on image URLs to show preview.
- User blacklist to fade out comments and posts.
- Packaged app content is loaded from webapp, F5 to refresh.
- Default to load BBS site by appending ?site=YOUR_BBS_SITE to the //iamchucky.github.io/PttChrome/. So you can add //iamchucky.github.io/PttChrome/?site=ptt2.cc to your bookmark.
- You can now enable packaged app mode by select "Launch PttChrome in packaged app" in the Settings, next time you click on the PttChrome icon in the Apps launcher, it'll launch as a packaged app. However, you can still go to //iamchucky.github.io/PttChrome/ for the web app version.
- Added symbol fonts so that the display works across platforms.
- Synchronize preferences using chrome storage sync API.
- Mapped Alt+W to ^W
PttChrome is a chrome app that allows users to connect to ptt.cc on Chrome. This project is originated from BBSFox, a BBS telnet client extension for Firefox. Due to the recent policy change of Chrome apps, many features of the port is not available. But I intend to add as many feasible features as possible. Any comments and suggestions of the app is welcomed.
I like to thank ettoolong who developed BBSFox and all other developers that was involved.
PttChrome is an open-sourced project and you can join us on the Github: