PeopleSoft Utilities - increase usability and productivity.
PS Utilities is a Google Chrome Extension for use with PeopleSoft systems.
It has a number of features which will improve your effectiveness when working with PeopleSoft.
• Create favorites for the pages you use most often.
• These favorites can be accessed from all environments, unlike the delivered favorites.
• You can choose to open in same window or a new tab.
• Favorites can be grouped together in categories and sub-categories.
PS Utilities Toolbar
• This is a floating toolbar which is visible when in PeopleSoft.
• It contains a number of features which can be turned on/off as you wish.
• You can position the bar where you would like as well as resize.
One Click Tracing
• Turn on/off PeopleCode and SQL tracing at the click of a button.
CTRL + J Information
• Get the most important CTRL + J information by clicking an icon in the toolbar.
• Use the field inspector to find the name of records and fields behind the pages.
Search Page Features
• Auto Correct History – the Correct History option will be selected on search pages by default.
• Auto Advanced Search – some search pages have Basic Search by default, which means you have to click the Advanced Search button to be able to search by more parameters, this option will always bring up the Advanced Search options.
• Some components have so many tabs that you can’t see them all without scrolling through by clicking the arrow icons.
• Page Tabs provides quick links to all the pages in a component from the toolbar.
Environment Indicator and User ID
• The name of the environment you are logged into as well as the User ID with which you are logged in will be displayed in the toolbar.
• Very useful for people who work in multiple environments or log in with multiple user accounts.
Login Page Features
• Quick Logins will save your username/password combinations which allows you to log in with a click of the mouse
• Web Directives allows you to reload and view the web profile, view session properties and purge the web server cache via the toolbar on login pages (you must know the web profile password to use these features).
• URLs of any PeopleSoft sites you access will be stored in your local storage.
• If you use the quick login feature, then login details will be saved in your local storage.
• Local storage is NOT encrypted, so please use the quick login feature at your own risk.