Manage and switch between multiple proxies quickly and easily through profiles
Proxy Switcher allows you to modify your proxy settings easily from the toolbar panel. Toolbar icon indicates the current type of proxy your browser currently using. The UI for changing proxies is very intuitive. It is very close to the Firefox proxy manager window. The extension is designed such that no resource is used while the panel is closed. This is probably the lightest proxy switcher add-on in the market.
Proxy Switcher supports proxy changing for following modes:
1. No Proxy Mode: Your browser bypasses all system-wide level proxies and connects you directly to the internet. This is useful when there is a network issue caused by an external proxy tool
2. System Proxy Mode: Your browser uses whatever proxy your system is using. Sometimes you have an external software that manages your system-level proxy. Using this option allows the browser to follow the same proxy configuration.
3. Auto-detect Proxy Mode: Your browser automatically detects the proxy settings for your network
4. Manual Mode: You are going to explicitly define proxy server for each scheme. There are four schemes to consider: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and Other types of network requests. Using manual tab, you can specify different proxies for each scheme.
Using this extension there would be no need to digging through the advanced section of your browser anymore. All the settings are access from the toolbar panel. Besides, the toolbar icon is an indicator of the current proxy type. Hover mouse over the toolbar button to get more info.
Proxy Switcher extension is absolutely free and open source. It just does proxy configuration, and aims to be perfect tool of that.
As of version 0.1.2, the badge text displays the number of failed resources. Opening the panel, you can check these resources by pressing "Error Log" button. Using this new tool, you can modify your PAC script to support custom proxy setting for the failed resources.
CONFLICTS: Proxy Switcher add-on WILL conflict with other extensions trying to control the proxy settings. Such conflicts are caused by the design of the Chromium engine and thus cannot be avoided.
For FAQs please visit:
For Bug Reports please visit:
1. Profile selection got simplified
2. It is now possible to change the badge color
3. It is now possible to remove the badge number
4. Link to the options page is added to the popup
Toolbar color codes are now configurable.
It is possible to search for free proxy servers of types transparent or anonymous
It is possible to reset the previously set proxy configuration on startup.