Tunnels your network requests through a Tor's SOCKS5 proxy server and hides your IP address
Whenever you need to hide your real IP address, press the action button to start the official Tor executable in the background and configure your browser to tunnel network requests through this Tor client. The extension configures your browser's proxy settings to tunnel the entire network requests through a local SOCKS5 proxy server. This server is available when the "Tor" executable is running. This extension also blocks WebRTC IP detection to prevent your real IP address to leak.
1. Improves the user's privacy by hiding the real IP address
2. Dynamically changing the proxy configuration of your browser only when active. Changes revert back when the extension is not working.
3. Configures WebRTC to not reveal private IP addresses when the extension is active. This is an optional feature.
4. It is possible to request a new identity (new IP) right from the extension whenever needed.
5. There is no conflict with other running instances of Tor (like Tor Browser). This extension uses its unique communication port.
For this extension to run the Tor executable, you will need to install a NodeJS native client. This is a bridge connector to allow the extension to execute Tor. You will get a notification on the first use to install this native client.
Please read FAQ #1 on the homepage of the extension to prepare the extension to use the Tor executable. For now, the Tor bundle is prepared for Mac OS and Windows. On Linux, install the tor as usual and set the path on the options page.