Secure your internet and protect your online privacy in one click.
Available to all paid users on a Proton VPN Plus or Proton Unlimited plan.
Why do you need Proton VPN's extension for Chrome?
• Browse privately online
• Prevent websites from tracking you across the internet
• Stream films, sports events, and TV series on multiple streaming services worldwide
• Access geo-blocked content and use the internet without restrictions
What you get with Proton VPN's Chrome add-on:
⚬ Connect to 1900+ servers in 65+ countries
⚬ Protect up to 10 browsers / devices at the same time
⚬ Auto-connect to a VPN server each time you open your browser
• Privacy & security
⚬ Easily hide your browsing history from your internet service provider (ISP)
⚬ Prevent tracking from websites you visit by hiding your IP address
⚬ Protect against network attacks by routing your traffic through our high-security double-hop VPN implementation (Secure Core)
⚬ Fast browsing, with high-speed connections up to 10 Gbps
⚬ Easy to install everywhere, without admin rights
⚬ Protect your internet connection with one-click
⚬ Customize your VPN experience with split tunneling. Exclude websites from being routed through the VPN tunnel
⚬ Get help from our dedicated customer support team via email. Paid users also have access to live chat support.
Why choose Proton VPN?
• Strict no-logs policy: under Swiss law, we are not obligated to save any user connection logs. This means your private browsing history stays private
• Transparency: all information about who owns the company, where we run it from, what data we collect and how we use it, is publicly available
• Swiss jurisdiction: all VPN companies must adhere to the local laws in the country where they are based. Switzerland has very strong privacy protections and is not part of surveillance agreements like the 5 Eyes or 14 Eyes
How do I enable the Proton VPN Chrome extension?
• Add the Proton VPN browser extension to your browser
• Click the Proton VPN icon in the top right of your browser
• Sign in to your account
• Click the Proton VPN icon in your browser again, then click "Quick Connect"
• You're done! You can now securely and privately browse the internet!
Proton VPN is trusted and recommended by experts worldwide
Proton VPN was created by the same team of CERN scientists behind Proton Mail, the world's largest encrypted email service.
Proton's obligation is to our community. We do not compromise your trust by selling your data and never will. We are committed to fighting for privacy and freedom online, and will always stand up to defend an internet that serves the interests of all people.
Learn more about Proton VPN: