Create and modify a planning schedule for project management in a spreadsheet with WBS work breakdown and Gantt time chart.
This free add-on helps you to create and modify a project schedule in a spreadsheet fast and accurately using a WBS work breakdown structure of tasks and start and finish dates per task. The Gantt chart can be set to show the project schedule for the range of weeks you like. During project execution, options for progress indication give color alerts in the schedule or Gantt for progress and delay. The add-on is available in several languages or a language can be requested.
The in-app PRO version adds resource assignment, cost calculation, scheduling with task duration and chaining of tasks to ProjectSheet, which help you in calculating and selling your project. The scheduling takes weekends and holidays into account.
The add-on requires some basic knowledge of project management, like the meaning of the terms used in this description.
A Work Breakdown Structure gives an overview of the tasks which fulfill the project scope. This add-on helps you with:
- Increase/decrease the task level
- Create summary tasks and milestones
- Collapse/expand summary tasks
The generated Gantt chart gives an overview of the timing of the tasks:
- Shift part or entire schedule in time
- Shift start date of the Gantt chart
- Change scale of the Gantt chart
- Indicate today's date in the chart
- Start day of period can be set to Sunday or Monday
Progress tracking during project execution:
- Indicate progress per task as a percentage
- Summary tasks are calculated
- Color indication of progress status per task relative to current date
- Assign resources to task
- Both work (per hour) and material (per unit) resources
- Overall addition per resource in Resource sheet
- Each resource can have a cost rate per unit
- ProjectSheet calculates per task the cost based on its assigned resources
- Summary tasks calculate cost based on its sub-tasks
- ProjectSheet calculates per resource the cost based on all the tasks
Enter task duration:
- Finish date will follow start date and task duration
- Task duration will follow change in finish date
- Start day and length of working week can be adjusted per document
- Weekends and holidays will be skipped
- Subsequent tasks on the same WBS level can be linked like a waterfall
- Summary tasks on same WBS level can be chained
- Subtasks will follow summary task or can be set to a fixed date