Productivity InFocus will be your buddy looking out for you when you get off task.
This chrome extension helps solve procrastination by sending you reminders when you're off task.
-- Recently updated for the new youtube --
We've all been there. Two days before a deadline, you motivate yourself to work the rest of the day. And somehow you end up watching DIY cooking videos, one after another and scrolling endlessly through your Facebook newsfeed. As students, we know this situation all too well.
Productivity InFocus will be your buddy looking out for you when you get off task. It reminds you before you start watching Youtube videos that aren’t educational related or when you’re on Facebook.
How it works:
1. If you go on YouTube, there will no longer be thumbnails! Content creators will no longer be able to take control of your study time with clickbait and flashy images.
2. And if our thumbnail remover wasn't already useful enough and you fall into the evil trap of watching a video, you will be prompted with a reminder - "Do you really have time for this?" before you begin watching. Keep in mind, we won't stop you from watching educational related videos though.
Unlike other tools, we're not taking Facebook and Youtube away from you. (that would be horrific). We just want to 'guilt-trip' you when you want to be plugged in.
3. We will hide Facebook News Feed and give you the option of proceeding to view newsfeed, or get back on task.
By giving you these friendly reminders, Productivity InFocus will enable you to focus on the things you should be focusing on. It's time to say goodbye to procrastination and look forward to reaping the benefits of staying on task.
We can prevent procrastination together!
1. Reminds and alerts users when they're off task
2. Blocks out thumbnails/clickbait along with preventing seamless youtube video streaming and facebook news feed scroll
3. Scrapes Youtube and Facebook to hide comments on both platforms and videos on youtube based on categories
4. Provides inspirational quotes throughout the blocking of information
5. Provides analytics data visualization based on user activity via Chrome.storage API and Chart.js API