Protect your digital identity and take control of your privacy.
Privowny App is a private beta version which is available by invitation only. We'd love for you to join our beta community so if you want to receive an invitation, please go to beta.privowny.com and join our waiting list. We'll get back to you as soon as we move forward!
Our Chrome browser extension (also available for Firefox) effortlessly lets you:
• Create, encrypt and manage strong passwords for all your login needs so you don’t need to reuse and remember countless weak passwords.
• Create email aliases to be used for specific (temporary or not) purposes in order to reduce spam and possibly safeguard against identity theft. It allows you to manage your level of anonymity when disclosing your real ID is just not needed. You can block or delete these at any time.
• Block cookies/trackers, in bulk or selectively, in order to protect your privacy and significantly speed up your browsing experience.
• Access the personal data you leave behind while browsing the internet, so you can manage what websites know about you in order to use this information at your convenience (by filling up forms quickly) or delete it altogether.
• Have an insider’s look at your digital life. Thanks to our dashboard, you will see how you appear in the digital world with insightful metrics and monthly reports.
Additionally, if you download our accompanying mobile app (available for Android and iOS devices), you will then be able to apply the same best practices on the go from your smartphones.
WHAT'S NEW IN v.1.11.0 (check our Help center for more details)
- The registration process has been completely redefined:
-- Privowny is using a new password scoring algorithm, called zxcvbn, to help users create a strong password for their Privowny account.
-- Users are also warned if the password they choose is compromised (has been hacked in the past according to the website haveIbeenpwned.com) so they can choose another one.
-- Privowny's privacy pledge is now unveiled in a more transparent manner before users are asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
-- Colored screens have been added at the end of the registration process to quickly introduce each Manager and their look.
- Thanks to major improvements of Privowny's AI and better detection of the nature of online fields, the Smartfield Icons' drop-down menus are now better suited to users' needs depending on the context.
- All the tutorial videos are now available from the "Getting started" section.
- Two graphs have been added to the Dashboard. Users now have an overview of their passwords' strength and can see which ones of the aliases they created are generating the most emails.
Notable bug fixes
- The number of data collected in the Dashboard used to include the data entered manually as well. It is now fixed and the correct numbers are shown.
- There was some inconsistency between the numbers displayed in the Password Manager and the ones in the Dashboard. The error has been fixed.
By developing this set of tools, we aim at delivering a comprehensive solution to the digital identity conundrum. We wish to demonstrate that you can get the most out of your digital life, without having to forego your privacy, security, or peace-of-mind.
While it’s common practice throughout many industries to sell and make money from people’s data, we don’t. We believe people’s data is their asset to use as they see fit.
We are committed to leveraging state of the art technologies, including leading data encryption technologies, to keep people’s digital identities and sensitive data safe and under their control. In other words: you, and only you, can see your encrypted data in the clear.
Taking control of your online privacy starts now.