Protect your digital identity and take control of your privacy.
Privowny App is a private beta version which is available by invitation only. We'd love for you to join our beta community so if you want to receive an invitation, please go to beta.privowny.com and join our waiting list. We'll get back to you as soon as we move forward!
Our Chrome browser extension (also available for Firefox) effortlessly lets you:
• Create, encrypt and manage strong passwords for all your login needs so you don’t need to reuse and remember countless weak passwords.
• Create email aliases to be used for specific (temporary or not) purposes in order to reduce spam and possibly safeguard against identity theft. It allows you to manage your level of anonymity when disclosing your real ID is just not needed. You can block or delete these at any time.
• Block cookies/trackers, in bulk or selectively, in order to protect your privacy and significantly speed up your browsing experience.
• Access the personal data you leave behind while browsing the internet, so you can manage what websites know about you in order to use this information at your convenience (by filling up forms quickly) or delete it altogether.
• Have an insider’s look at your digital life. Thanks to our dashboard, you will see how you appear in the digital world with insightful metrics and monthly reports.
Additionally, if you download our accompanying mobile app (available for Android and iOS devices), you will then be able to apply the same best practices on the go from your smartphones.
WHAT'S NEW IN v.1.12.0 (check our Help center for more details)
- More tooltips have been added throughout the product (especially in the Toolbar and on the Dashboard’s graphs) for clarity’s sake and better accessibility.
- Passwords copied to the clipboard are now discarded after a few minutes in order to ensure maximum security.
- Users can now choose a particular period of time to see their statistics for in the Dashboard. A drop-down menu has been added for the graphs “Amount of Data” and “My Digital Footprint”.
- The possibility to disable the notification asking if users want to save an account in their Password Manager has been removed from the Settings. The permission is easy to deny case by case and it is useful to be asked each time in order not to forget the feature is active.
Notable bug fixes
- Passwords containing “*” were not searchable in the Password Manager. It has been fixed.
- Credentials in the Password Manager shorter than 4 characters could not be saved. This has been fixed and it is no longer a limitation.
- The filter in the Data Manager now works properly, even when the Manager is opened from the checkmark icon in the Main Menu or Toolbar.
- Opening the Data Manager was sometimes an issue. The loading process has been improved and doesn’t go indefinitely anymore.
- Multi-criteria search was broken in the Alias Manager. It now works as expected.
- Retrieving credentials for the following websites was not always working properly, but is now fixed: payfit.com, cnet.com, store.cnn.com.
- The Smartfield Icon was experiencing problems with the following websites: etsy.com, expedia.com, my.foxnews.com, atelierdeschefs.fr. It now works as expected.
- The Smartfield Icon drop-down menu was inaccurate for several websites. The relevance of the menu depending on the context has been greatly improved.
- Guiding tooltips in the Password Manager’s tutorial flow would sometimes appear where they shouldn’t. This has been fixed.
- The User Interface has been improved with more company icons now displayed, scrolling issues fixed, and problems with cropped or overlapping text resolved.
By developing this set of tools, we aim at delivering a comprehensive solution to the digital identity conundrum. We wish to demonstrate that you can get the most out of your digital life, without having to forego your privacy, security, or peace-of-mind.
While it’s common practice throughout many industries to sell and make money from people’s data, we don’t. We believe people’s data is their asset to use as they see fit.
We are committed to leveraging state of the art technologies, including leading data encryption technologies, to keep people’s digital identities and sensitive data safe and under their control. In other words: you, and only you, can see your encrypted data in the clear.
Taking control of your online privacy starts now.