Private Notes gives you safe and encrypted place for your Top Secret notes!
Private Notes is ideal for storing the most sensitive information like Recovery codes, WiFi passwords, server configs, etc...
Privacy and permissions:
- There are no permissions - this extension can't make any remote requests or submit any data!
- This extension is NOT using own cloud servers, data are synchronized by "Chrome Sync" engine (encrypted).
- Your password is NOT stored at all. It's hashed using advanced PBKDF2 function with 100k iterations and strong salt.
- Unlocked notes and decryption keys are never stored - they are only kept in the system memory.
- Even if someone gains physical access to your PC, he won't be able to access your notes nor password. This is one of the safest place ever created!
- Encrypted notes - all your notes are always stored encrypted!
- Automatic backups - each device creates encrypted local backups of your notes (plus "Chrome Sync" holds a backup)
- No need to create additional account - Chrome Sync will handle everything
- Advanced Text Editor - supports many advanced text features
- Code highlight for many popular languages and configs
- Compression - all notes are compressed to save space
- Auto-lock - will help you keep your notes locked when you leave your PC
- No Ads!
Limitations of Chrome Sync engine:
- Chrome Sync can handle only 100KB of data - so you can't store huge notes. However thanks to build in compression, you should be able to store more than 100,000 characters of text.
- Single note only 8KB size limit - each note can have only up to 8,000 characters - again thanks to compression this should be more.
Support independent developer:
- I'm full-time extension developer and your donations is my only income. There are no ads in my extensions!
- Please support my work by:
- Buy me a coffee - https://ko-fi.com/fastaddons
- PayPal donation - https://paypal.me/fastaddons/8.88
- be my Patron - https://liberapay.com/juraj.masiar/
Thank you! :)
Your donation will help me keep this extension working in future versions of Chrome!
The list of Recently added features can be found here: