An extension to help you make informed decisions about the privacy implications of your installed extensions
Privacy Guardr (formely Privacy Guard) helps you identify extensions and apps that are a privacy risk. Protect yourself against malware and nefarious extensions that seek to compromise your browsing safely.
Privacy guard has many features to protect you from malware and unseemly applications. It is an open source project: https://github.com/kzahel/privacy-guard-extension
Update Dec 1 2014
- Changed name of app due to trademark conflict with privacyguard.com (credit monitoring service)
- Check permissions of installed extensions
- See extensions and apps with high risk permissions
- (soon) Identify changes to app publisher
Sept 12, 2014 - version 0.1.4
- Updated to detect "high risk" apps.
Jan 21, 2014 - First released. I wrote this app because I couldn't find anything else like it in the chrome web store and there's been a lot of buzz about chrome extension malware recently. I have some ideas for further improvements to make to this app, but welcome your feedback!