Privacy Badger protects you from trackers as you surf the web!
Privacy Badger blocks spying ads and invisible trackers. It's there to ensure that companies can't track your browsing without your consent.
The extension is designed to automatically protect your privacy from third party trackers that load invisibly when you browse the web. We send the Do Not Track header with each request, and our extension evaluates the likelihood that you are still being tracked. If the algorithm deems the likelihood is too high, we automatically block your request from being sent to the domain. Please understand that the algorithm's determination is not conclusive that the domain is tracking you (or not tracking you!)
Nothing can stop the Privacy Badger from eating cookies when it's hungry!
Privacy Badger is a project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
* Read and change data on all websites you visit:
* This is so that privacy badger can detect and block trackers on websites you visit. We are not ironically (or unironically) spying on you!
* Change your privacy related settings:
* This is so that we can turn off some privacy invasive defaults that chrome has.
* Manage your downloads:
* This is needed for privacy badger to be able to back up it's settings!
* Added validation to yellowlist (f.k.a. "cookieblock list") updating
* Removed faulty yellowlist domain removal logic, which, together with missing validation and eff.org serving a maintenance page instead of the actual yellowlist, resulted in major breakages all across the Web, something this update should prevent from happening ever again
* Fixed various site breakages
* Improved translations (Swedish)
* Added workaround for validation issue preventing upload to Chrome Web Store
* Fixed chrome.privacy-related exceptions in Firefox 54
* Added automatic replacement of t.co shortened tracking URLs with original
unobfuscated URLs on twitter.com
* Added option to disable Do Not Track policy checking
* Restricted DNT policy checking from sending cookies
* Fixed tooltips for DNT-compliant domains in popup
* Fixed localStorage tracking sometimes being attributed to unrelated domains
* Improved translations (Swedish, Ukrainian)