Privacy Badger protects you from trackers as you surf the web!
Privacy Badger blocks spying ads and invisible trackers. It's there to ensure that companies can't track your browsing without your consent.
The extension is designed to automatically protect your privacy from third party trackers that load invisibly when you browse the web. We send the Do Not Track header with each request, and our extension evaluates the likelihood that you are still being tracked. If the algorithm deems the likelihood is too high, we automatically block your request from being sent to the domain. Please understand that the algorithm's determination is not conclusive that the domain is tracking you (or not tracking you!)
Nothing can stop the Privacy Badger from eating cookies when it's hungry!
Privacy Badger is a project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
* Read and change data on all websites you visit:
* This is so that privacy badger can detect and block trackers on websites you visit. We are not ironically (or unironically) spying on you!
* Change your privacy related settings:
* This is so that we can turn off some privacy invasive defaults that chrome has.
* Added type/status filters to the tracking domains list on the options page
* Reworked social widget replacement to avoid WebExtensions fingerprintability issue in Firefox
* New translations (Turkish)
* Improved translations (Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Polish, Swedish, Ukrainian)
* Removed the "unlimitedStorage" permission from the manifest
* Changed the tracker count badge color from red to "Privacy Badger orange"
* Added workaround to avoid Privacy Badger getting disabled as "Not from Chrome Web Store" in Chrome
* Reduced amount of data stored as part of normal operation. Privacy Badger will no longer record (or check Do Not Track policies for) non-tracking domains. This should enable us to remove the "unlimitedStorage" permission with the next Badger update.
* Improved tracker detection status summaries in popup and options
* Added explanatory acknowledgement to Tracking Domains options page tab
* Fixed file download dialog not being shown when exporting user data in Firefox
* Removed tutorial reminder link from popup when already on tutorial page
* Removed "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension" messages in Chrome and Opera
* Fixed style issue with replacement social widgets
* Fixed error reporting on pages where Privacy Badger has been disabled
* Fixed various site breakages
* Improved translations (Bulgarian, Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian)