Extends Google Music with last.fm integration, toast notifications, a powerful miniplayer, keyboard shortcuts and more.
Sorry, but the extension will not be maintained anymore. I did this mostly on my own and for free, but unfortunately I have no more time to fix things or add more features. Contributions (to github) are still very welcome. Anyway, have fun with the existing state and thanks for all your nice ideas and hints.
This is an extension to Google Play Music that adds a lot of extra features:
- last.fm integration (now playing, scrobble, like/unlike)
- a powerful miniplayer to control almost everything that Google Music can (play/pause, next/previous title, repeat, shuffle, volume, position, rating, ...), can be used as a panel
- quicklinks in miniplayer for direct access to artists, albums, playlists, listen now, queue, etc.
- load lyrics from www.musixmatch.com, lyrics.wikia.com or songlyrics.com
- search box in miniplayer (quick focus pressing "q")
- toast notifications (rich notifications or HTML popup/panel)
- highly customizable (miniplayer layouts/colors, many options)
- keyboard shortcuts
- remember last played song between restarts of Google Music
- use star ratings after the lab has been removed by Google
- sync settings with Chrome sync
- requires minimum permissions
- high performance and great usability with a minimum CPU and memory usage, no need to reload Google Music at any time
- and more
This extension is open source (BSD license) and is not officially developed by Google.
The extension does not store or collect any personal data. It uses Google Analytics which you can disable and stores authentication information (not your password) if you connect it with last.fm.
If you like the extension, please rate it, otherwise if you find any bugs or would like to see new features, please file an issue on GitHub (http://goo.gl/924Kmh) or - even better - send a pull request. You can also leave a message in the feedback area (link on the right of "details" tab). PLEASE DO NOT USE THE RATING AREA FOR FESTURE REQUESTS OR BUG REPORTS! I cannot respond to ratings and thus ask for additional information or tell you when it's fixed.
For bug reports please provide the following info:
- bug description (obviously)
- your version of Chrome & Prime Player
- your country where you are using Google Music
- labs that you have enabled in Google Play Music, if any
- if possible, Chrome console error output (hit F12 on Google Music tab, click red/yellow icon on the bottom right then)
Note that I am running Play Music in Germany. If something is not working for you in another country then you probably have a different version of Play Music there. If that's the case, send me an issue and I will try my best to help you. The same applies if Google changes parts of their site.
- Access your data on play.google.com for watching the player state and sending commands to the site (playing control, rating, playlist selection, ...)
- notifications for toasts
- Access to Chrome sync for synchronizing the settings
- (optional) access to songlyrics.com, lyrics.wikia.com and www.musixmatch.com for lyrics fetching
See Wiki at https://github.com/svenackermann/Prime-Player-Google-Play-Music/wiki.