Watch Amazon Prime Videos together
Prime Party is a chrome extension for watching Amazon Prime Videos together in sync with friends. It synchronises video playback and adds group chat.
There is a single host who can control the video and rest can sit back and relax. Party members can request to pause the video using shared chat, gossip about the plot or just lay low, we won't judge.
1. A single user will host the party by starting a movie on primevideo/amazon domain, clicking on PP extension icon and selecting to "HOST"
2. Copy provided sharable link and send it to your friends. They will need to open this link.
3. Once opened, ask them to play the video and click on PP extension icon. It will automatically join the hosted respective session and add them to group chat.
4. Video should be in sync now. If host pauses/play the video, changes position. It should be in sync with everyone in the party.
5. If host gets disconnected for some reason, you can paste the same shareable link that you still might have on your clipboard to join the existing session.
6. By default, random nicknames are assigned to each user. You can change it by clicking on your name shown in top right part of chat window.
1. Use "Request Pause" button if you are a party member to pause video for all.
2. You cannot seek the video by yourself, unless you are party host.
3. When you are watching a show and it transition to a new episode, sometimes it fails to sync those episodes at the same time for all party members. To get back on track, go to episode list and click on whatever the next episode is supposed to be and it will automatically sync with host again.
4. Copy permission is requested to provide a button to copy sharable link, nothing else.
Please use the review or comment section for any feedback or bugs. Try to be friendly, created by a single guy. Happy Partying :)
Inspired from Netflix Party.
- User can see chat window even if its fullscreen.
- User can change there nick names
- Slide up animation when a new message is added
- When party members click on "Request Pause" button, it actually pauses the video for all.
- Enabled extension to global amazon websites