This tool is useful if you :
- want a quick way to format JSON that is, for example, returned as a single line by a Web service call.
- have a JSON structure that's just badly formatted,
- just want to prototype a JSON structure and have it formatted as you type rather than worry about formatting it yourself.
- want to see the formatted JSON while debugging a web service call
- need your JSON as XML or want to convert some XML to JSON
- available as an icon on your Chrome toolbar.
- remembers the current state so when you reopen the tool you can carry on where you left off. You don't lose any of your work when you close the tool!
- convenient buttons for copy and pasting to and from the clipboard.
- provides a useful button for replacing the JSON in your work area with the formatted version - useful when prototyping a JSON structure.
- It's free!