Show Github PR Review Approval status in the cards on a Jira board
A chrome extension to show the Github PR Review statuses in the cards on a JIRA board.
- For every PR associated with the JIRA ticket It adds a line of info:
- PR Status (Branch|Draft|Open|Merged|Closed)
- Name of the repo
- Latest update of the reviews from each reviewer
- The PR Status icons (Open or Merged) can be clicked to open the PR in Github.
- Status is automatically updated but can be manually refreshed by clicking on the extension icon (or by reloading the page).
LIMITATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Currently works only with Classic JIRA boards (next-gen not supported yet).
- Github official integration should already be configured in your JIRA account.
During a daily stand up session it is essential to know the latest status of the associated Github PRs and how many reviews approvals these have. However default Github integration of JIRA does not allow this information to be shown easily. With this extension you can quickly view which tickets have their pull requests been reviewed and approved. Having this information right on the ticket should make your stand up session more productive.
To configure the extension please provide your Github token in the Options page. Github personal access token can be generated from https://github.com/settings/tokens. This token should have at least have 'repo' scopes.
Once entered, press the Check button to validate the token. It should show the result of validation below the token input area. Kindly ensure the token has access to all the repos that you expect. In particular if SSO has been enabled on your Github org account the token should be explicitly Authorized for access to the org repos via SSO.
This extension automatically picks up all the JIRA issues found in the *middle columns* of any board to be populated with the PR Review statuses.
Middle columns are all the columns other than the first and the last column. No manual configuration of columns is needed. The reason for this choice is to allows the extension to work on any board. The first and last columns are usually something like TODO and DONE columns which are unlikely to contain any interesting PRs associated with them.
In future it may allow more fine tuning / customisation to restrict columns that should be updated.
- Support new jira url pattern
- workarounds for bad jira reported statuses
- bug fix for more than 30 reviews per pr
- bug fixes #20, #21
- bug fixes
- refresh on jira board refresh now button
- enabled on jira.com
- bug Fixes
- add support for DISMISSED review status
- support draft status (fixes #11)
- support for branch status
- fix overlap of review status icons over repo name
- use svg icons
- Refactored to be compatible with firefox
- Show updated count as badge on icon
- Refresh on tab activated
- Optimised permissions
- Bug fixes