Power Chord has chord lookup, chord explorer and music theory tools with piano and guitar interfaces.
Power Chord is a chord lookup and explorer with piano and guitar interfaces for musicians, songwriters and students looking to expand their understanding of music theory. It also contains music theory tools to find all of the notes and chords in a key as well as a chord progression builder to help you build songs using standard progressions. Works on desktop and touch enabled devices.
- Interactive two octave keyboard with sound.
- Select a chord by key, quality and variation and it will show you the positions on the keyboard.
- Reverse chord lookup allows you to select keys on the keyboard and it will tell you what chord it is.
- Choose a selection mode of major, minor, 7th, etc. then as you hover over the keyboard it will show all of positions for that chord. Click/touch the keyboard and it will select all those keys.
- Interactive guitar fretboard with 15 frets.
- Select a chord by key, quality and variation and it will show you the finger positions on the fretboard.
- Reverse chord lookup allows you to select positions on the fretboard and it will tell you what chord it is.
Music Theory View
- Music theory tools to help you play, decode and write music.
- Select a chord key and quality and it will show you the notes and chords associated with it.
- Use the progression builder to help create or decode basic chord progressions. Select a chord and it will show a list of all possible chords that could come after it.
- NEW! Play chords in the progression builder to see how it sounds.