Removes and prevents popups, overlays and cookie notifications, other tools do not. Enjoy the original look of the internet.
Hey! Seen the terrific rating above? You must be wondering: “Is it finally a good popup blocker? Should I try it?” Let’s read the description to find out if there is something interesting about it and if so, give it a try.
So, answering your questions: “No and Yes” - it isn’t some “good” popup blocker. PopUpOFF is brilliant: https://github.com/RomanistHere/PopUpOFF/issues/16 - and you should definitely try it if you ever struggled with popups, cookie notifications, overlays and other nasty things.
- PopUpOFF doesn’t just block some popups that other developers paid for, but YOU are in control of it. You decide not to have any single overlay on the screen or casually remove only the most annoying things (hi cookie notifications and subscription popups).
- You can unlock and read PAID content FOR FREE on some websites (see the video above).
- Size of this extension is 100 times less than any other average popup blocker in the store. Size doesn’t matter? Well… I’m not so sure.
- PopUpOFF is a non-commercial and open-source project. It means no ads, no tracking, everything it has is available for you for free and forever. I am RomanistHere and I’m giving you this piece of better web.
- It still is in development, so there could be bugs or imperfect solutions, I’m working on it solo and there are other things in the world to do. So be gentle, I created it for myself back then, but now I’m doing it for you.
- PopUpOFF is as addictive as it gets. After you start using it, there would be no way back. You are warned:)
Sounds interesting? Go get it. Write “hello” to me, share the feedback. Check what else I’m doing. There are probably other pieces of better web. Be cool, be gentle, help me make the world better. Not saying goodbye. Have a better life now:)
GitHub (tech description): https://github.com/RomanistHere/PopUpOFF
Why am I doing this: https://romanisthere.github.io/posts/my-mission/
Stay updated on my projects: https://twitter.com/RomanistHere