One-click save for all the code snippets you find on the web
Ever browse the internet and find a bunch of lines of code you want to save? Pieces for Developers Chrome Extension makes it incredibly easy to save snippets from the web.
To save, simply hover over any code block on a webpage and click the Pieces buttons to save the code or generate a link to share that snippet with others.
You can also highlight and right click to save code or use a keyboard shortcut:
- Mac (Cmd + Shift + S)
- Windows (Alt + Shift + S)
Once saved, Pieces automatically enriches your snippets:
- Saves the source URL from where you saved the snippet
- Generates a description of the snippet based on the title and content of the page it was saved from
- Classifies the code’s language
- Assigns relevant tags for easy searching
You can view and manage your snippets in the Pieces desktop app.
Note: you’ll need to install the Pieces desktop app and our helper service, Pieces OS, to use the Chrome plugin.