Docks your favourite stuff in a floating mobile-view window! Including Facebook chatting, Youtube videos and Hangouts calls
--------How To Install--------
1. Go to chrome://flags/#enable-panels and enable panels
2. Fully restart Chrome
Please double check you have followed the instructions if PiP opens a small window and closes before you can see it.
--------How To Use--------
You can choose the way you like to open a panel window, which includes:
• Click the PiP icon on the top right corner to open current tab in panel window
• Open url like "www.yoururl.com#panel" in address bar to open "www.yoururl.com" in panel window, so you can bookmark "www.yoururl.com#panel" or save it to desktop as a shortcut
• Right click on a link and choose "Open Link in Panel" to open it in panel window
- Wants to know how to bookmark it?
Of course you can create the bookmark and edit it, but the secret is you can do it in a simpler way:
1. Open "www.yoururl.com" as usual
2. Addend just "#panel" to the address bar and press enter key once (twice will leads to a panel window), nothing should happen
3. Bookmark it!
• Fixing bugs for Youtube and Youku
• Stronger Twitch support. Credits: spiffomatic64
• Twitch support
• Allow 'chrome-extension://' protocol
• Right click a link and open link in panel
• Bookmark it!
• Try appending "#panel" to the URL and bookmark it!
• Sometimes you need to use "/#panel" if the url does not end with "/".
• Sometimes "panel://yoururl" would also work*
* Sometimes "panel://yoururl" won't work because Google will search it, so PiP will also parse the url generated by Google Search, more specifically the url contains "q=panel%3A%2F%2Fyoururl"
• Can open url without prefix like "http://"
• Add option for automatically open current tab in panel window
• Add shortcuts for Facebook and Google Keep
• Playing online videos in a standalone window!
• A convenient way for Facebook chatting!
• A always-on-top window for Hangouts video calls!
• Viewing websites in mobile view!
By clicking the PiP button a panel window will be created based on your current tab.
• If it is a new tab there will be a popup box for you to enter the url you want.
• If you are viewing a video or the url ends with .swf the video or the flash will be captured into a iframe block automatically.
• Otherwise the url will be loaded directly by the panel window, and it's in mobile view!
Supported video sites:
Let me know if you want more.
• *** Fixed *** Don't do right click in a PiP window, your chrome will crash, fixed in Chrome Canary v33.0.1703.0 (Have been fixed in current Chrome Version 32.0.1700.77)
• Your should open PiP window from a video link directly instead of opening Youtube home page in panel window