See what ids, classes, and elements are in the DOM. Enhance your feature tagging experience within the Pendo Product Cloud.
The Pendo Tagging Aid is intended to be used alongside the Pendo Visual Designer.
Rather than inspecting elements of your web page with the developer tool to determine HTML IDs and Class Names of features, the Pendo Tagging Aid allows users to simply hover over any of your pages elements to see their attributes. Attributes of specific elements can be locked in the tool, and complex feature tags can be developed using a simple point-and-click system.
For a basic demonstration of how to use this tool, see our tutorial video at: https://bit.ly/pendota-tutorial
For more information about how to use the Tagging Aid to select strong Feature Tag selectors, check out this video:
- Click any element on the page to "lock" it into the tagging aid.
- Once an element is locked, users can traverse parent and child elements with respect to the element selected using the up and down arrows in the UI.
- View all relevant CSS selectors (HTML IDs, classes, types, and other attributes), and simply click to build your tag, which can then be pasted into the Pendo Designer.
- Any tags can be easily tested to validate that you're capturing the exact number of elements that you intend to capture with your tag.
- Once a tag is made, it can be modified with rules such as "Begins With", "Includes", etc by hovering over a chosen selector, and hitting the "cog" icon.
Separately, this tool can also launch the Pendo Designer directly from your application. Note that you must be logged into Pendo, and in the appropriate subscription, for this to work.
This extension may track anonymous usage data, in order to improve the experience of the tool.
Authors: Josh Connelly & Mike Fotinatos