Preview documents, videos, music, and more with a mouse hover.
Peek is a browser extension that shows previews for links to files and supported services in web pages. Just hover your mouse over a link, and Peek will display a small popup with an interactive preview of the link's content.
Supported file types:
- PDF, TXT, and RTF documents
- WebM, MP4, M4V, OGG, OGV, and Imgur GIFV video
- MP3, M4A, OGA, OGG, and WAV audio
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint files (.ppt, .pptx)
- OpenDocument files (.odt, .ods, etc.)
- JPG, PNG, APNG, SVG, GIF, ICO, and BMP images
- Google Docs links
- iCloud Keynote links
- YouTube videos and YouTube Shorts
- Reddit links
- TikTok videos
Peek can show previews for PDFs, Microsoft Office documents, YouTube video links, audio files, Google Docs, and much more. It uses the browser's built-in rendering features, in combination with the Google Docs Viewer, Microsoft Office Web Viewer, and other third-party embedded viewers to display rich previews.
Peek is open source under the GPL license. The code is available here: