Preview documents, videos, music, and more with a mouse hover.
Peek is a browser extension that shows previews for links to files and supported services in web pages. Just hover your mouse over a link, and Peek will display a small popup with an interactive preview of the link's content.
Peek can show previews for PDFs, Microsoft Office documents, YouTube video links, audio files, Google Docs, and much more. It uses the browser's built-in rendering features, in combination with the Google Docs Viewer, Microsoft Office Web Viewer, and other third-party embedded viewers to display rich previews.
Supported file types:
- PDF, TXT, and RTF documents
- WebM, MP4, M4V, OGG, OGV, and Imgur GIFV video
- MP3, M4A, OGA, OGG, and WAV audio
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint files (.ppt, .pptx)
- OpenDocument files (.odt, .ods, etc.)
- JPG, PNG, APNG, SVG, GIF, ICO, and BMP images
- Google Docs links
- iCloud Keynote links
- YouTube videos and Shorts
- Reddit links
- Imgur links
- TikTok videos
- Mastodon posts
- Facebook posts
- Instagram posts and reels
- Threads posts
- Spotify tracks, albums, and podcast episodes
Peek is open source under the GPL license. The code is available here: