Creates ahnentafels from Pedigree Trees (plus other tools to assist with data input to Genome Mate Pro).
Pedigree Thief will read pedigree trees from Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, Geni, and MyHeritage and convert them to Ahnentafel charts.
Simply navigate to the individual you are interested in and display their Pedigree chart, click the Pedigree Thief icon and the Ahnentafel will be displayed.
For help please join the Pedigree Thief Facebook page.
For Ancestry, the user can set the number of generations to be gathered. This is configurable in the options page from a minimum of 5 generations (level 0) up to 41 (level 9). The user can also choose to capitalize surnames and/or restrict dates to year only. These can be set as default values in the options page but can also be toggled on the output page.
In addition, Pedigree Thief can now read the details from a DNA match on Ancestry and produce csv files with the individuals details and Shared Matches. These are intended for input to Genome Mate Pro. To use, navigate to a DNA match and click the Pedigree Thief icon. A summary of the gathered data will be shown. Repeat this with as many matches as you wish and then click the buttons to produce the files. Once download, the 'Clear Data' button can be clicked.
In MyHeritage, in addition to reading the Pedigree Charts displayed on the DNA Match page, it will also build a database of IDs and output Matches, Chromosome Data, ICWs and Triangulations linked to these IDs. This requires to be activated on the 'Options' page. (Right-click the icon.)
Pedigree Thief Change Log
version 18.104.22.168 - changed 17 August 2018
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief would crash if reading a short MyHeritage pedigree.
version 22.214.171.124 - changed 13 August 2018
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief would not run for a new user on MyHeritage DNA Matches page.
version 126.96.36.199 - changed 12 August 2018
1. Fixed issue where a profile on MyHeritage has more than one ID. Now returns the correct number of matches.
2. Fixed bug where a MyHeritage Pedigree Tree would hang if the last person in the tree was selected.
version 188.8.131.52 - changed 11 August 2018
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief would hang reading some MyHeritage Trees.
version 184.108.40.206 - changed 10 August 2018
1. Added ability to read MyHeritage Pedigree Chart
version 220.127.116.11 - changed 9 August 2018
1. Added two additional columns to MyHeritage triangulations csv file, 'startActual' and 'endActual'. These contain the start and end positions in full.
2. Removed redundant commas from Ahnentafel display.
version 18.104.22.168 - changed 3 August 2018
1. Added ability to read Geni Ancestor lists (see help)
2. Added progress messages for the slower data gathering processes.
3. For MyHeritage triangulations being read from manually selected matches - PT will display a message if any matches are not in the database.
4. Updated Help file (right-click icon)
version 22.214.171.124 - changed 29 July 2018
1. Added ability to read FamilyTreeDNA charts and output Ahnentafel.
version 126.96.36.199 - changed 24 July 2018
1. Moved access to Help as a right-click icon menu item.
version 188.8.131.52 - changed 23 July 2018
1. added a button 'Save ICW' to GedMatch 'People who match both kits' table. This will download a csv file.
2. added template to the Downloads section of the help file to load the GedMatch ICW file into Genome Mate Pro.
3. updated the Pedigree to GedCom utility
- fixed an issue where all places were not displayed in the 'Places' view.
- additional date recognition.
- additional prefix recognition.
version 184.108.40.206 - changed 13 July 2018
1. Various bug fixes.
version 220.127.116.11 - changed 1 July 2018
1. Changed the way Pedigree Thief displays and reads MyHeritage Triangulations
version 18.104.22.168 - changed 30 June 2018
1. Amended to function on new style MyHeritage site.
version 22.214.171.124 - changed 9 June 2018
1. Code re-write
2. Added functions to read match data from MyHeritage
3. Added 'Help' page.
4. Added downloadable files at end of Help page - Genome Mate Pro templates, 'Pedigree to Gedcom.exe' stand alone program, and 'Add Ids to MyHeritage DNA file' Excel macro
version 0.9.4 - changed 13 March 2018
1. fixed bug where icon would activate on GedMatch.com (The extension only has a passive roll on GedMatch adding 'Toggle' buttons to search results pages.)
version 0.9.3 - changed 18 February 2018
1. Added ability to read a MyHeritage Pedigree tree and convert to Ahnentafel format.
Note - will only read the displayed 5 generations.
- takes 15/20 seconds as it downloads the underlying data individualy.
- requires the match to be reloaded if you need to run a second time.
- attempts to convert female surnames to maiden names.
version 0.9.2 - changed 16 February 2018
1. Amended code to allow for variation in Match URL when opened from Genome Mate Pro.
version 0.9.1 - changed 4 January 2018
1. Added code that inserts buttons to toggle select on results page on GedMatch.com. Requires to be enabled from the Options page. (Right click icon.)
version 0.8.5 - changed 24 December 2017
1. Fixed bug where extension froze or returned an incorrect ahnentafel if pedigree tree had already been extended.
version 0.8.4 - changed 18 December 2017
1. Fixed bug where extension froze if DNA data missing.
2. Fixed bug where linked tree url failed to be read correctly.
version 0.8.3 - changed 7 November 2017
1. Added button to download a csv file of matches with unlinked trees
contains - name, match ID and url.
2. Fixed bug were extension sometimes froze when there were no shared matches.
version 0.8.2 - changed 31 Oct 2017
1. Removed the 'Non-linked tree(s) available!' message from Family Tree field.
2. Added new field showing true if alternative trees available.
3. Added new display column 'Tree' showing 'Linked', 'Unlinked' 'None'
version 0.8.1 - changed 30 Oct 2017
1. On reading match details, if the tester has not been linked to a tree
but a select box with tree(s) is available, Pedigree Thief will
replace the familyTree field with "Non-linked tree(s) available!"
2. If hints are available, Pedigree Thief will return "true" in column 10
of the Matches on Ancestry.csv file.