Creates ahnentafels from Pedigree Trees (plus other tools to assist with data input to Genome Mate Pro).
Pedigree Thief is a genealogy data gathering tool. The information gathered is intended to be imported into Genome Mate Pro, a program that allows you to manage your DNA matches.
Please note that only English language pages are supported although the extension may function in other language sites.
The extension's primary function is to read pedigree trees ( Geni and MyHeritage) and convert them to Ahnentafel. See also the included Pedigree to GedCom application that can read pedigrees from other sources.
It will also read information on matches from MyHeritage as well as adding a couple of utilities to some GedMatch web pages.
Before using for the first time, right-click the icon and select 'Help' from the menu. This will give guidance to setting up and using the extension. For further help join the Pedigree Thief Facebook group.
Pedigree Thief Change Log
Version 220.127.116.11 - updated 18 September 2020
Will no longer stop reading a MyHeritage match if the Chromosome data is missing from the page.
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 6 September 2020
1. MyHeritage match page now displays the total number of ICWs as well as the number previously read.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 22 August 2020
1. Fixed bug in Pedigree to Gedcom where the Ahnentafel numbering of GedMatch Pedigrees could be incorrect.
Version 126.96.36.199 - updated 13 July 2020
1. Added delay to ensure that the triangulations in the last group of shared DNA matches downloaded on MyHeritage Match page are included.
Version 188.8.131.52 - updated 14 June 2020
1. Updated Pedigree to GedCom to handle GedCom files where the individual ref No. begins with a 'P' rather than the more usual 'I'.
Version 184.108.40.206 - updated 13 June 2020
1. Removed all references and code relating to Ancestry.
Version 220.127.116.11 - updated 11 June 2020
1. Due to receiving a Cease and Desist notice, Pedigree Thief will no longer operate on Ancestry websites.