Creates an ahnentafel chart from an Ancestry Pedigree Tree. Also reads a DNA match for csv output.
NOTE FOR PEDIGREE THIEF USERS
Pedigree to GedCom.exe is a Windows utility that will take a pedigree page from GedMatch, DNArboretum, Pedigree Thief or WikiTrees and will convert it to both Ahnentafel format and a GedCom file. It is designed as an input tool for Genome Mate Pro but as it creates a GedCom file, it can also be used as input for a general Genealogy program. It can be found on the Genome Mate Pro's group FaceBook page, files section.
Pedigree Thief will read an Ancestry pedigree tree and convert it to a Ahnentafel chart.
Simply navigate to the individual you are interested in and display their Pedigree chart, click the Pedigree Thief icon and watch the tree being read.
The user can set the number of generations to be gathered. This is configurable in the options page from a minimum of 5 generations (level 0) up to 41 (level 9). The user can also choose to capitalize surnames and/or restrict dates to year only. These can be set as default values in the options page but can also be toggled on the output page.
In addition, Pedigree Thief can now read the details from a DNA match and produce csv files with the individuals details and Shared Matches. These are intended for input to Genome Mate Pro. To use, navigate to a DNA match and click the Pedigree Thief icon. A summary of the gathered data will be shown. Repeat this with as many matches as you wish and then click the buttons to produce the files. Once download, the 'Clear Data' button can be clicked.
Pedigree Thief Change Log
version 0.8.5 - changed 24 December 2017
1. Fixed bug where extension froze or returned an incorrect ahnentafel if pedigree tree had already been extended.
version 0.8.4 - changed 18 December 2017
1. Fixed bug where extension froze if DNA data missing.
2. Fixed bug where linked tree url failed to be read correctly.
version 0.8.3 - changed 7 November 2017
1. Added button to download a csv file of matches with unlinked trees
contains - name, match ID and url.
2. Fixed bug were extension sometimes froze when there were no shared matches.
version 0.8.2 - changed 31 Oct 2017
1. Removed the 'Non-linked tree(s) available!' message from Family Tree field.
2. Added new field showing true if alternative trees available.
3. Added new display column 'Tree' showing 'Linked', 'Unlinked' 'None'
version 0.8.1 - changed 30 Oct 2017
1. On reading match details, if the tester has not been linked to a tree
but a select box with tree(s) is available, Pedigree Thief will
replace the familyTree field with "Non-linked tree(s) available!"
2. If hints are available, Pedigree Thief will return "true" in column 10
of the Matches on Ancestry.csv file.