Creates ahnentafels from Pedigree Trees (plus other tools to assist with data input to Genealogical DNA Analysis Tool).
Pedigree Thief is a genealogy data gathering tool. The information gathered is intended to be imported into Genealogical DNA Analysis Tool, a program that allows you to manage your DNA matches.
Please note that only English language pages are supported although the extension may function in other language sites.
The extension's primary function is to read pedigree trees ( Geni and MyHeritage) and convert them to Ahnentafel. See also the included Pedigree to GedCom application that can read pedigrees from other sources.
It will also read information on matches from MyHeritage as well as adding a couple of utilities to some GedMatch web pages.
Before using for the first time, right-click the icon and select 'Help' from the menu. This will give guidance to setting up and using the extension. For further help join the Pedigree Thief Facebook group.
Pedigree Thief Change Log
Version 3.0.8 - updated 5 December 2023
- Added check to ensure info for test person is available on the MyHeritage matches page.
- Fixed issue where reading Chromosome page would generate incorrect shared cMs value .(No impact on GDAT).
Version 3.0.7 - updated 28 November 2023
- Minor bug fix - activity log
- Fixed issue with removal of stored triangulations when read
- Further fixes for MyHeritage sites where numbers use comma decimal point
Version 3.0.6 - updated 27 November 2023
- Fixed ICW button in GedMatch Both or 1 of 2 page.
Version 3.0.5 - updated 25 November 2023
- Updates DNA data if different from that currently stored.
- Fixed issue if in comma decimal locale when reading chromosome date from a match page.
Version 3.0.4 - updated 22 November 2023
- Fixed issue where PT was recording erroneous MyHeritage ICWs after reading a list of matches.
Version 3.0.3 - updated 22 November 2023
- Fixed problem when creating matches file in GedMatch - both or 1 of 2
Version 3.0.2 - updated 21 November 2023
- Fixed format of Matches file from GedMatch 'Matches Both or 1 of 2' from the 'Both' tab and renamed template (was GedMatch Matches with email.txt)
- Fixed issue when reading chromosome browser when the data appears to be in a 'comma' decimal point format.
Version 3.0.1 - updated 19 Nov 2023
Bug fixes :
- Removed duplicates of Date/Times in downloads dropdowns in MyHeritage.
- Fixed so only one tab of P2G created.
- Fixed ICW & Triangulation output files so that they are limited by the date selected.
- Fixed bug preventing GedMatch ICW from downloading file.
Version 3.0.0 - updated 16 Nov 2023
Extensive re-write to make it easier to maintain.