Creates ahnentafels from Pedigree Trees (plus other tools to assist with data input to Genome Mate Pro).
Pedigree Thief is a genealogy data gathering tool. The information gathered is intended to be imported into Genome Mate Pro, a program that allows you to manage your DNA matches.
Please note that only English language pages are supported although the extension may function in other language sites.
The extension's primary function is to read pedigree trees (Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, Geni and MyHeritage) and convert them to Ahnentafel.
It will also read information on matches from Ancestry and MyHeritage as well as adding a couple of utilities to some GedMatch web pages.
Before using for the first time, right-click the icon and select 'Help' from the menu. This will give guidance to setting up and using the extension. For further help join the Pedigree Thief Facebook group.
Pedigree Thief Change Log
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 22 December 2019
1. Fixed GedMatch ICW file not being created if match has no name.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 19 December 2019
1. Revised bug fix for reading MyHeritage pedigrees.
2. Removed 'Deceased' as place name in Ahnentafels for MyHeritage pedigrees.
Version 126.96.36.199 - updated 16 December 2019
1. Attempted bug fix when reading some MyHeritage pedigrees.
Version 188.8.131.52 - updated 1 December 2019
1. Withdrew gathering FTDNA pedigrees due to the recent change in the method now used to display their trees.
Version 184.108.40.206 - updated 30 October 2019
1. Fixed bug where, when reading a single Ancestry match, the percentage ethnicity was omitted.
Version 220.127.116.11 - updated 12 October 2019
1. Added warning to MyHeritage Match screen if database for test profile has not been initialised.
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 28 September 2019
1. Adapted code to allow for change in Ancestry DNA matches page.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 3 September 2019
1. Updated help page.
2. Fixed bug where an Ancestry tree could be misread if Pedigree Thief was restarted before completing the current read.
Version 126.96.36.199 - updated 30 August 2019
1. Added ability to remove an Ancestry profile and it's associated records from Pedigree Thief's database by clicking on the estimated used memory figure.
Version 188.8.131.52 - updated 30 August 2019
1. When reading an Ancestry match, Pedigree Thief will prefix the ethnicity region with the percentage match. Also removes comma(s) within region name so that Genome Mate Pro does not split on import.
Version 184.108.40.206 - updated 27 August 2019
1. Added option to download the details of a single Ancestry match and it's shared matches.
Version 220.127.116.11 - updated 26 August 2019
1. Updated to allow for Ancestry change of html code regarding location of Tree URL.
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 20 August 2019
1. Added possible range in Ancestry of a column of DNA matches.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 17 August 2019
1. Amended code to allow for slight change in MyHeritage pedigree view URLs.
2. Reduced delay in reading a single Ancestry match page where there are shared matches.
Version 126.96.36.199 - updated 7 August 2019
1. Bug fix - memory leak when importing MyHeritage DNA Shared Segments file.
Version 188.8.131.52 -updated 21 July 2019
1. Bug fix where Pedigree Thief would freeze if reading a MyHeritage match not already in the database.
Version 184.108.40.206 - updated 19 July 2019
1. Added facility to download a csv file of database statistics for Ancestry matches.
Version 220.127.116.11 - updated 17 Jul 2019
1. Added total centiMorgans shared between a match and a shared match into the MyHeritage ICW file.
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 14 Jul 2019
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief would freeze reading a MyHeritage pedigree if any of the names were abbreviated.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 13 Jul 2019
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief may freeze producing a MyHeritage Matches file.
Version 126.96.36.199 - updated 13 Jul 2019
1. Fixed issue where Ancestry Matches file would output the tree URL as 'undefined'.
2. Updated help file.
Version 188.8.131.52 - updated 12 Jul 2019
1. Fixed issue when reading Ancestry Match or Matches that Pedigree Thief does not return to the menu screen.
Version 184.108.40.206 - updated 12 Jul 2019
1. Fixed issue with mis-reading MyHeritage pedigrees.
2. Changed output of Ancestry Matches file to show the date that the number of people in the linked/unlinked tree changed.
3. Fixed the issue where in certain circumstances, navigating to an Ancestry pedigree did not activate the PT icon.
4. Updated Ancestry Genome Mate Pro templates included in 'Help' page.
version 220.127.116.11 - updated 28 June 2019
1. Ancestry matches stored in local database
2. Ability to read new Ancestry pages
3. MyHeritage database populated by files provided them.
4. Bug fixes and code re-writes.