Creates ahnentafels from Pedigree Trees (plus other tools to assist with data input to Genome Mate Pro).
Pedigree Thief is a genealogy data gathering tool. The information gathered is intended to be imported into Genome Mate Pro, a program that allows you to manage your DNA matches.
The extension's primary function is to read pedigree trees (Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, Geni and MyHeritage) and convert them to Ahnentafel.
It will also read information on matches from Ancestry and MyHeritage as well as adding a couple of utilities to some GedMatch web pages.
Before using for the first time, right-click the icon and select 'Help' from the menu. This will give guidance to setting up and using the extension. For further help join the Pedigree Thief Facebook group.
Pedigree Thief Change Log
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 17 August 2019
1. Amended code to allow for slight change in MyHeritage pedigree view URLs.
2. Reduced delay in reading a single Ancestry match page where there are shared matches.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 7 August 2019
1. Bug fix - memory leak when importing MyHeritage DNA Shared Segments file.
Version 126.96.36.199 -updated 21 July 2019
1. Bug fix where Pedigree Thief would freeze if reading a MyHeritage match not already in the database.
Version 188.8.131.52 - updated 19 July 2019
1. Added facility to download a csv file of database statistics for Ancestry matches.
Version 184.108.40.206 - updated 17 Jul 2019
1. Added total centiMorgans shared between a match and a shared match into the MyHeritage ICW file.
Version 220.127.116.11 - updated 14 Jul 2019
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief would freeze reading a MyHeritage pedigree if any of the names were abbreviated.
Version 18.104.22.168 - updated 13 Jul 2019
1. Fixed bug where Pedigree Thief may freeze producing a MyHeritage Matches file.
Version 22.214.171.124 - updated 13 Jul 2019
1. Fixed issue where Ancestry Matches file would output the tree URL as 'undefined'.
2. Updated help file.
Version 126.96.36.199 - updated 12 Jul 2019
1. Fixed issue when reading Ancestry Match or Matches that Pedigree Thief does not return to the menu screen.
Version 188.8.131.52 - updated 12 Jul 2019
1. Fixed issue with mis-reading MyHeritage pedigrees.
2. Changed output of Ancestry Matches file to show the date that the number of people in the linked/unlinked tree changed.
3. Fixed the issue where in certain circumstances, navigating to an Ancestry pedigree did not activate the PT icon.
4. Updated Ancestry Genome Mate Pro templates included in 'Help' page.
version 184.108.40.206 - updated 28 June 2019
1. Ancestry matches stored in local database
2. Ability to read new Ancestry pages
3. MyHeritage database populated by files provided them.
4. Bug fixes and code re-writes.