Pearson Realize Reader is an eBook application for Chrome that provides students with an engaging, interactive learning experience.…
Pearson Realize Reader is an eBook application for Chrome that provides students with an engaging, interactive learning experience. Students can view their content and complete interactive activities using many features including the notebook, annotations and highlights, and glossaries. Most content can be downloaded so students can read a book or complete their assignments anywhere with or without an Internet connection.
Realize Reader supports the following Pearson K-12 programs:
English Language Arts
• myPerspectives ELA National Grade 6-12 ©2017
• myPerspectives ELA California Grade 9-12 ©2017
• Investigations 3 Grades K-5 ©2017
• Connected Mathematics 3 Grades 6-8 and Algebra 1 ©2018
• enVision Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 ©2018
• enVisionmath2.0 Grades K-8
• American History Survey ©2017
• American History: Beginnings to Reconstruction ©2017
• World History Survey ©2017
• World History Modern Era ©2017
• United States Survey ©2017
• United States: Reconstruction to Present ©2017
• Economics ©2017
• Magruder's American History ©2017
• World Cultures Texas ©2017
• Texas History ©2017
• Texas United States History: Colonization to Reconstruction ©2017
• Texas World History Survey ©2017
• Texas United States History 1877 to Present ©2017
• Texas Magruder's American History ©2017
• Texas Economics ©2017
• FL World History ©2018
• FL United States History ©2018
• FL Magruder's American Government ©2018
• FL Economics ©2018
• VA United States History: 1865 to the Present ©2018
• VA United States History: Beginnings to 1865 ©2018
• VA Magruder's American Government ©2018
• Virginia and United States History ©2018
• VA World History and Geography: 1500 to the Present ©2018
• Auténtico Level 1, 2, 3, A, and B ©2018
• Auténtico Texas Level 1, 2, 3, A and B ©2018
For all other K-12 titles with eTexts, download the Pearson eText for Schools app available in the Google Play store.
For other AP and Higher Ed titles, download the Pearson eText app available in the Google Play store.
To access your titles:
1. Install Realize Reader on your device.
2. When prompted to sign in, enter a valid Pearson Username and Password.
3. Your Bookshelf will display subscribed titles.
What’s New in Version 3.2.0?
The following Realize Reader Release Notes provide descriptions of the major feature enhancements, resolved issues, and known issues for this release.
New Realize Reader Windows® App available in Windows Store
A new app is now available in the Microsoft® Windows Store for using Realize Reader on Windows 10 desktops and laptops.
Pearson is introducing the Realize Reader Windows App in preparation for Google discontinuing
their support for Chrome Packaged Apps used on non-Chrome OS™ devices this summer. Google provides more information about the changes here.
This change means:
• The Chrome Store will no longer show Chrome Apps for Windows or Mac.
• Soon, you will no longer be able to load Chrome Apps on your non-Chrome OS devices.
• Mac OS X users will need to use the Web-based version of the Realize Reader, which can be launched directly from Realize.
• iOS device users will continue to have access to Realize Reader via the Apple® App Store.
• The new Windows App can also be used on 2-in-1 (laptop-to-tablet) devices in laptop-mode using the attached keyboard for data entry.
• The word-by-word highlighting provided during the Audio playback in leveled readers is now properly synchronized.
• The Whitelist of permitted Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) has been updated and is available here. The Whitelist is used as a reference when configuring firewall and/or content filtering devices to allow access to the minimum Realize Reader functionality and resources, and prevents the application from losing functionality.
• If there is brief delay while the Annotations and Highlights are loading, Realize Reader now provides a message to inform the student that their data synchronization is in progress.
• Notebook prompts and functions performed on the All Notes page in offline mode properly update when connected to the Internet.
• The Auténtico accessibility issues that included screen jumping, scrolling, and keyboard difficulties that prevented students from viewing/completing activities have been corrected.
• Working in offline mode, a student using the Chrome App on a Chromebook™ is not redirected to their assignment when the View button is selected on the Assignment Summary page.
• Intermittently, if an Early Learner student is signed in for an extended period of time before signing out, and then a Classic Student user signs in, the app may incorrectly display the previous user’s Early Learner theme. This may also occur in the reverse.
• Working in offline mode, a student may be unable to type in their activity. Returning to the Bookshelf and starting again, or selecting the Back or Next button will refresh the page and enable data entry.