The Pearson Realize Reader™ app for Chrome OS™ is an eBook application that provides students with an engaging, interactive…
The Pearson Realize Reader™ app for Chrome OS™ is an eBook application that provides students with an engaging, interactive learning experience. Students can view their content and complete interactive activities on their Chromebooks™ using many features including the notebook, annotations and highlights, and glossaries. Most content can be downloaded so students can read a book or complete their assignments anywhere with or without an Internet connection. The Realize Reader app for Chrome OS is not supported for use on Mac OS® or Windows® devices.
Realize Reader supports the following Pearson K-12 programs:
English Language Arts
• myPerspectives ELA National Grade 6-12 ©2017
• myPerspectives ELA California Grade 9-12 ©2017
• myPerspectives ELA Texas Grade 6-8 ©2020
• myView Literacy ELA Texas Grades K-5 ©2020
• myView Literacy ELA National Grades K-5 ©2020
• miVision Lectura ELA Texas Grades K-5 ©2020
• Investigations 3 Grades K-5 ©2017
• Connected Mathematics 3 Grades 6-8 and Algebra 1 ©2018
• enVision Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 ©2018
• enVisionmath2.0 Grades K-8
• enVision Florida Mathematics 2020 Grades K-Algebra 2
• enVision Integrated Mathematics I-II-III
• American History Survey ©2017
• American History: Beginnings to Reconstruction ©2017
• World History Survey ©2017
• World History Modern Era ©2017
• United States Survey ©2017
• United States: Reconstruction to Present ©2017
• Economics ©2017
• Magruder's American History ©2017
• World Cultures Texas ©2017
• Texas History ©2017
• Texas United States History: Colonization to Reconstruction ©2017
• Texas World History Survey ©2017
• Texas United States History 1877 to Present ©2017
• Texas Magruder's American History ©2017
• Texas Economics ©2017
• FL World History ©2018
• FL United States History ©2018
• FL Magruder's American Government ©2018
• FL Economics ©2018
• VA United States History: 1865 to the Present ©2018
• VA United States History: Beginnings to 1865 ©2018
• VA Magruder's American Government ©2018
• Virginia and United States History ©2018
• VA World History and Geography: 1500 to the Present ©2018
• Economics California©2019 Student Edition
• Magruder's American Government California©2019 Student Edition
• High School United States History California©2019 Student Edition
• World History California©2019 Student Edition
• California History-Social Science myWorld Interactive Grades K-5
• myWorld Interactive Grades K-4
• myWorld Interactive Grade 5 Building Our Country
• myWorld Interactive Grade 5 Growth of Our Nation
• American History: myWorld Interactive Middle Grades
• American History: my World Interactive Beginnings to 1877 Middle Grades
• World History: myWorld Interactive Middle Grades
• World History: myWorld Interactive Early Ages Middle Grades
• World Geography: myWorld Interactive
• World Geography: myWorld Interactive Western Hemisphere
• World Geography: myWorld Interactive Eastern Hemisphere
• CA World History: myWorld Interactive Ancient Civilizations
• CA Word History: myWorld Interactive Medieval and Early Modern Times
• CA American History: myWorld Interactive Growth and Conflict
• Auténtico Level 1, 2, 3, A, and B ©2018
• Auténtico Texas Level 1, 2, 3, A and B ©2018
• Elevate Science Grades K-5, Courses 1-3, Life, Earth, Physical ©2019
• California Elevate Science Grades K-5, Earth Grade 6, Life Grade 7, Physical Grade 8 ©2020
• California Elevate Science Integrated Grades 6-8 ©2020
• Pearson Elevate Science Florida Edition Grades K-5, Courses 1-3, Life, Earth, Physical ©2019
• Miller & Levine Biology
• Pearson Miller & Levine Biology Florida Edition
• Tennessee Miller & Levine Biology
• California Miller & Levine Biology
For all other K-12 titles with eTexts, download the Pearson eText for Schools app available in the Google Play store.
For other AP and Higher Ed titles, download the Pearson eText app available in the Google Play store.
To access your titles:
1. Install Realize Reader on your device.
2. When prompted to sign in, enter a valid Pearson Username and Password.
3. Your Bookshelf will display subscribed titles.
What’s new in this version
The Pearson Realize Reader 18.3.1 app for Chrome OS includes performance improvements and minor issue fixes.
Teacher and student ability to comment on Realize Reader work
Teachers can easily provide their feedback on students' work in Realize Reader assignments by adding comments to student highlights, annotations, and notebook prompt responses. Students can use comments to ask their teacher questions and respond to the teacher's comments as well.
Enhanced Highlights and Annotations
With this enhancement, students can select text and add a solid highlight, a circle, or an underline using one of the four available colors and optionally add annotations!
Chrome App Update Needed
Students and teachers using the Realize Reader Chrome app who have not updated since before the Realize 18.1 release in June, 2018, must update the app to the latest version in order to ensure continued access to the content. With this Realize and Realize Reader 18.3 release, Pearson is implementing a new security approach which is only compatible with newer versions of the Realize Reader app.
Realize Reader App for Chrome OS Not Supported on Non-Chrome Devices.
Google™ has discontinued their support for Chrome Packaged Apps used on non-Chrome OS devices. This change means:
• The Realize Reader app for Chrome OS is no longer compatible with non-Chrome OS devices.
• The Realize Reader app for Windows remains compatible with Windows 10 64-bit OS devices and available in the Microsoft® Windows Store.
• The Realize Reader app for iOS remains compatible with iOS devices and available in the Apple® App Store.
Learn more about Realize Reader app compatibility here: http://help.pearsoncmg.com/realize/new_features/en-us/Content/system_requirements.htm
When a student creates an Annotation, a message indicates the Annotation is being saved; however, if the student navigates away from the page before closing the Annotation, the save process does not finish. The Annotation must be closed to complete the save before navigating away from the page.
Customer and Technical Support Contact
Customer and Technical Support: 800.234.5832
Copyright © 2018 by Pearson Education, Inc. or one or more of its direct or indirect affiliates. All rights reserved.
Pearson and Realize Reader are trademarks or registered trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries, of Pearson Education, Inc. or its direct or indirect affiliates.
Chrome is a trademark of Google LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
Mac OS is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Use of the trademarks or company names implies no relationship, sponsorship, endorsement, sale, or promotion on the part of Pearson Education, Inc.
Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.