Provides USPTO patent assignments for any selected text, such as a selected company name or a patent number.
This solution allows you to quickly look up any US patent assignments for a given company name, US patent number, US pre-grant publication number, or US patent application serial number in the USPTO patent assignment database.
Select a company name, US patent number, US pre-grant publication number, or US patent application serial number in webpage text, then open the context menu and select "Open USPTO Assignments" from the menu. You can normally open the context menu by right-clicking.
Just let me know of any issues you experience before writing a review -- I'm happy to continue to improve the solution. The extension is provided 'As-Is' without any express or implied warranty of any kind.
Note that I do not collect any information from the extension -- all handling is done at your local browser.
Wolf Mountain IP, LLC
- Added selected text to context menu item.
- Removed access requiring user permission.
- Added handling of US patent application serial numbers (with '/' in the identifier).
- Reduced needed permissions.
- Improved memory utilization.
- Removed link hover handling, as this is not a common use case, and doing so allows for reduced permissions.
v1.5: Updated to better handle selected text from a text input box.
v1.4: Updated to handle the 10-digit US application publication numbers on Espacenet.
v1.3: Updated to also handle US patent and publication numbers
v1.2: Various improvements
v1.1: Updated to reflect new USPTO Assignment Search