A browser extension for better management of tabs, especially for users who like to have many tabs open (like my dad).
This is a Tab Management extension. I created PapaTab for my Pa and other users like him who like to have many tabs open in the Browser and still want to keep in control.
🎄🎁🎅Happy Christmas Dad! 🎅🎁🎄
Note: This is a Beta version. The extension is still not feature complete (see below) and not recommended for Production use. Please consider this when trying it out.
With this extension it is possible to create Topics and assign Tabs to them. Existing Windows can be easily converted to a Topic for which you can define a Topic Title and also a chosen Color for easy recognition. Tabs can be remembered within a Topic, so even if it was closed it can be easily restored.
- Designed for usability, simplicity and user privacy (no data sent to the Cloud, except for an opt-in Browser Sync)
- Currently supported languages: English, German
- Day and Night Theme
Note: With recent versions of the Chrome Browser you do not need to install addons like "The Great Suspender" anymore. Chrome does unloading and suspending of Tabs automatically. This extension supports this automatic process and displays the Tab discarded state (There could be issues if Great Suspender is used).
- Support for Topic restore when a Topic was deleted
- Data Import/Export
- Drag and Drop (move Tab to another Topic)
- Duplicate Tab detection
- Cleanup unimportant tabs (Defined URLs, eg. your favorite search-engine)
- Opt-In Browser Sync to keep data in sync on multiple devices (Sync Storage)
- Translation for more languages
- Better theme (feedback or contribution welcome)
Did you discover a bug or got an improvement idea? Your feedback is very welcome and can be submitted via https://github.com/sweitzel/PapaTab/issues (Contributions are also welcome)