Transformer for Indic Scripts
This is the port of Padma adds-on in Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/873/). Padma is under GPL license v3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt)
Even though Indic scripts are supported through Unicode by modern platforms and browsers, many Indic websites still use the old non-Unicode font base encodings. Without those proprietary fonts installed in user's computer, those pages can not be rendered correctly.
Padma automatically transforms Indic text from proprietary formats to Unicode, so that user is able to review the page correctly without the proprietary fonts installed.
You can config Padma to transform a website automatically via the options page by adding the URI of the website and then save the options, if the conversion from the proprietary font to Unicode is supported in Padma (Please refer to known issue for detail). Or you can remove the URI and then save the options to avoid the automatic transformation to a specific page.
It currently supports the transformation from the following dynamic font to Unicode:
* Devanagari/Kruti dev 010
* Devanagari/Manjusha fonts
* Tamil/Elango Panchali
* Tamil/Shree Tam 0802
* Tamil/TSCII_Fonts (16 fonts: TSCMylai, TSCComic, TSCJanani, TSCKomathi, TSCSri, TSCTimes, TSCAandaal, TSCAparanarPdf, TSCKannadaasan, TSCParanbold, TSCParanar, TSCParanarPdf, TSCAvarangal, TSCAvarangalFixed, TSCThunaivan, TSCNattai)
* Telugu/SHREE 0908W
* Telugu/Shree Tel 900/902
* Telugu/Telugu Font
* Telugu/Telugu Lipi
1. Padma in general
The following sites are still not rendered correctly. We need to add new converters from those fonts. Detailed instruction could be found at http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/padma/2010-July/000415.html. And help to support those fonts in Padma is highly appreciated!
* http://www.aiadmkallindia.org/index.aspx?l=t (font-family:B067_TAMElango_Panchali.)
* http://www.vishvakannada.com/common/kannada-sites.htm (font face="AkrutiKndPadmini")
* http://sbi.co.in/user.htm?action=indexhindi (font-family:APS-C-DV-Prakash)
* http://www.aajkaal.net (font-family:Aajkaal)
* http://www.andhrabharati.com/ (font-fammily: SuriTLr)
2. Padma in Chrome
The following site is not rendered correctly in Chrome due to webkit bug 47371: webkit does not recognize font-family name with multiple words without quote.