Record browser interaction and generate ZWL scripts for use in Outomated
A chrome extension to generate ZWL scripts and selectors for use in Outomated.
Use this extension to:
- Generate entire ZWL script for test cases.
- Generate only selectors for an element on a page.
- Get help in understanding the syntax.
- Supports `click, type, assert, mouse-move, scroll` and many more operations.
- Detects key presses such as `enter` and `tab`.
- Mouse move, scroll are recorded only when `Ctrl` is depressed.
- Supports `assert` on partial text selection.
- Generates reliable selectors based on ranking. Support `text` based selectors.
- Records `frame` and `window` navigation.
- Option to configure valid class names for use in selectors. Ranking selectors through a simple to use interface.
How to use:
- Install the extension, click on the puzzle icon (right to address bar) and pin Outomated extension.
- Click on the extension icon and hit 'Start recording'.
- Switch to any tab and start testing. A red border on page elements tells that the extension is recording interactions.
- To assert on something, right click and select 'Outomated Test Recorder'. A list of commands will appear.
- While hovering on page elements, press `Ctrl + C` to copy element's selector that can be used with `findElement` commands.
- Depress `Ctrl` to record mouse move and scroll.
- Once done, click on extension icon and stop recording. A ZWL script of the recording will be available for copying.
- Click on 'Start over' to record again.