Adds Linked Data browsing functionality -- across public or private networks -- to host browser.
OpenLink Data Explorer (ODE) is an extension for Google Chrome that provides
an unobtrusive and none disruptive mechanism for exploiting the Linked
Data dimension of the World Wide Web. It achieves this by adding the
following descriptor document oriented menu options to the standard
“View Menu” item collection:
1. Page Description — which provides a structured description (metadata) of the page you are viewing
2. Page Data Sources — a Linked Data explorer that provides a variety of
presentations for the Linked Data Items that constitute the metadata
graph distilled from the page you are viewing.
The capabilities described above are achieved by ODE’s interaction with REST based Linked Data Proxy services such as:
1. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com — Public RDFizer Service (default)
2. http://lod.openlinksw.com — OpenLink Hosted Linked Open Data (LOD) Cloud Cache
3. Your own Personal or Shared Instances of Virtuoso and/or OpenLink Data Spaces (ODS)
4. http://triplr.org/ — another RDFizer service.
items 1-3, the RDFizer services are delivered via the Virtuoso’s
in-built middleware layer known as the “Sponger” Service. The specific
ability to distill structured descriptions in RDF from any Web resource
comes from a broad collection RDF-izer cartridges/drivers available of
all Virtuoso instances.
Additional Information Links:
* Product URI = http://data.openlinksw.com/oplweb/product/util-dataexplorer-st#this
* Product Web Site: http://ode.openlinksw.com
* OpenLink Data Explorer Examples = http://ode.openlinksw.com/example.html
* OpenLink Data Explorer Forum = http://boards.openlinksw.com/support/viewforum.php?f=26
* OpenLink Software Website = http://www.openlinksw.com/