Adds a context menu item to send audio/video streams directly to VLC media player
Open in VLC media player add-on, opens stream-able video and audio links in VLC media player. This way you can watch online-streams in the well-known VLC media player. To send stream-able URL to VLC media player, right-click over the video or audio link. If you have found a link that is not yet supported, please open a bug report in the discussion section of add-on's FAQs page.
Note: For this extension to work, you will need to install a minimal native-client application. Instruction on how to install the native client will be displayed once context-menu item is clicked. You can also watch installation instruction in the YouTube tutorials inside the "Screenshots" section of this page.
How to use this extension:
1. The extension appends a context menu item when hovering over a media player (if stream can be detectable). To test open http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp in a browser tab and right click over the player
2. The toolbar icon becomes available when a page is supported. For instance if a full-page player is loaded, as of version 0.1.2, the toolbar button should appear. To test open http://www.w3schools.com/html/mov_bbb.mp4 in a browser tab. You will notice the toolbar icon is now orange and clickable.
For more info please visit:
--- Change Logs:
1. Open in VLC now detects streaming media on tabs, and activate button to send media to the VLC player
2. More formats are supported
3. On Windows OS, the link to VLC media player is stored upon first access.
1. Use "(x86)" in the executable path when Windows is 64-bit
2. Force exiting NodeJS when VLC executable is terminated with an exit code.