Instead of opening open.spotify.com links in the browser they will always be opened in Spotify
This is a small simple extension that tries to open any
open.spotify.com or play.spotify.com url in the Spotify desktop client
and then close the newly opened browser window.
The way the extension works is:
1. If the URL visited is open.spotify.com or play.spotify.com then
2. Remove the domain part and the first slash and
3. Replace those with spotify: and
4. Replace the remaining slashes (/) with colons (:)
5. Redirect to that URL
6. Close the tab that was opening the URL if it was a newly opened window
# Updates in 1.2
Make links to user's playlists work. The plugin wasn't replacing all slashes with colons.
# Bug reports
If you have any bug reports or feature requests please report them on GitHub: https://github.com/gaqzi/chrome-open-in-spotify-client