Adds context menu items to send image links and image files directly to the GIMP photo editor
The "Open in GIMP photo editor" extension adds a new item to your right-click context menu to open image links in the GIMP editor.
This extension helps you to directly send images to GIMP without the need to manually save them. If the image has a valid URL, the image's link will be sent directly to GIMP. If the image is in DATA URL format, then the image is stored in your temp directory, and then GIMP is called to open this temporary image (you can alter this behavior on the options page).
1. For this extension to work, you need to have GIMP photo editor installed; https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
2. Visit the options page to define GIMP location if the extension cannot find it automatically.
3. For this extension to open images in the GIMP photo editor, you will need to install a native connector. The instruction to install the native client is displayed once a link opening is requested.
4. This extension is open-source. You can visit and contribute codes.
1. An option to download images and send local paths to GIMP
2. Send image links directly to GIMP (without first downloading the image) (not recommended; disabled by default)
This extension provides a simple method to ease GIMP's access. There is no claim that it is part of the GIMP photo editor. This is an open-source and independent project.