A great assistant to learn or translate English words, build your own wordbook as you browse the web.
The extension offers two modes to help people browse English sites：Translating mode and Learning mode. Powered by "Google Translate", the translating mode provides functionality to translate English word to either Chinese, Korean or Japanese. Powered by "Merriam-Webster Dictionary", the learning mode offers users a more active way to learn the meaning of the words and build his or her own wordbook to review later. The wordbook can be exported to an html file and synchronized when the same user login into different machines. Instruction lists:
1. Activate the "keyboard shortcuts" for convenient usage of the extension. "Alt"+L for activating the learning window and "Alt"+T for activating the translation window.
2. Select a English word, press "Alt"+L to learn the word's meaning or "Alt"+T to translate the word into another language.
3. For learning mode, select an appropriate meaning for the word in the sentence context. Submit the meaning to your own wordbook.
4. After submission, the word will be highlighted in red, and a tooltip will display the meaning of the word when the mouse is hovering on the word.
5. Click the extension icon, a wordbook summary window will display the lists of words that you have learnt. Each item contains definition, pronunciation and sentences that the word was extracted from.
6. Export the summary to a html for later review or print.
7. When logged as a gmail user in Chrome, the local wordbook summary can be synchronized with a central remote database when the user is using the extension on different machines.