Provides search without tracking by enabling advanced privacy settings.
Our extension vows to protect your privacy by enabling advanced settings, blocking a series of online tracking activities, and minimizing your browsing footprint. Below is a list of examples:
Block third-party cookies
Send Do Not Track (DNT) header
Enable Safe Browsing mode
Disable Auto Fill Address and Credit Card
Disable Network Prediction
How does it work?
Type your query in the address bar.
A quick link is provided in the autocomplete suggestion.
Click on the quick link to activate the “search without tracking” page.
Customize your advanced settings.
Click continue and minimize your online browsing footprint!
Permissions used and reasons:
1. Access to “contentSettings”. We require this permission in order to provide the functionalities of the settings you select, such as blocking third-party cookies or location tracking.
2. Access to “activeTab”. We require this permission to understand which browser tab you are currently using.
3. Access to “storage”. We require this permission to save your settings preferences locally on your browser.
4. Change your default search engine to our domain privacyonlinesearch.com, powered by Yahoo. We require this permission in order to provide the functionality of this extension and add the quick access link inside the autocomplete of your address bar.
5. Access to “privacy” (optional). We require this permission in order to provide the functionalities of the settings you select, such as AutoFill or Safe Browsing. It’s optional because if you don’t change any default settings, we will not need to use it.
6. Access to “cookies” (optional). We require this permission to modify your search engine.
7. Access to "contextMenu". This permission allows us to add important information tabs to the extension’s icon and provide more guidance to you on how to use our extension.