Provides search without tracking by enabling advanced privacy settings.
Imagine that you have been rehearsing for months to propose to your girlfriend and you researched online for many options of wedding rings. One evening, when you open your browser to look for a movie to watch with your girlfriend, all of a sudden, advertisements for wedding rings and wedding venues flooded your search result feeds and your social media pages… What an awkward moment!
Browsing the internet nowadays is like wandering in a dangerous jungle. Endless targeted advertisements ambush you at almost every corner and turn to show you highly relevant ads which can be more scary than convenient.
Our extension vows to protect your privacy by enabling advanced settings, blocking a series of online tracking activities, and minimizing your browsing footprint. Below is a list of examples:
1. Block third-party cookies
2. Send Do Not Track (DNT) header
3. Enable Safe Browsing mode
4. Disable Autofill Address and Credit Card
5. Disable Network Prediction
6. Disable Referrers
How does it work?
1. Type your query in the address bar.
2. A quick link is provided in the autocomplete suggestion.
3. Click on the quick link to activate the “search without tracking” page.
4. Customize your advanced settings.
5. Click continue and minimize your online browsing footprint!
Permissions used and reasons:
1. Access to “privacy” (optional). We require this permission in order to provide the functionalities of the settings you select, such as Auto Fill or Safe Browsing. It’s optional because if you don’t change any default settings, we will not need to use it.
2. Access to “cookies” (optional). We require this permission to modify your search engine.
3. Access to “contentSettings” (optional). We require this permission in order to provide the functionalities of the settings you select, such as to block third-party cookies or location tracking. It’s optional because if you don’t change any default settings, we will not need to use it.
4. Access to “tabs”. We require this permission to understand which browser tab you are currently using.
5. Change your default search engine to our domain saferbrowsing-search.com, powered by Yahoo. We require this permission in order to provide the functionality of this extension and add the quick access link inside the autocomplete of your address bar.
How to remove this extension?
If you want to remove our extension, go to “Settings” on Chrome, and find our extension in the “Extensions” tab. Click “remove”. Alternatively, you can right-click on the extension’s icon on your browser and select “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu.
Chrome™ is a trademark of Google LLC. The use of them does not imply any affiliation to or endorsement by Google LLC.