Okatee is a Metadata Scrubbing Tool (Metadata Removal Tool) designed for legal and health professionals.
Okatee is a Metadata Scrubbing Tool (Metadata Removal Tool) for Gmail. Okatee is privacy software built to protect the privacy of its users by removing privacy-compromising metadata from documents before they are sent as e-mail attachments.
There is a multitude of hidden metadata inside documents such as: who’s viewed what, when you last edited a document, where it was created, or how long it took you to complete. Okatee manages that metadata by removing or replacing it – quickly and reliably. Okatee integrates directly into Gmail so it doesn’t impact your workflow.
- Scrubs sensitive metadata from:
- 🧾 .pdf (XMP / Dublin Core)
- 📝 .docx (Core Properties / Custom Properties / Comments / Tracked Changes / XMP / Exif metadata)
- 🗒️ .pptx (Core Properties / Custom Properties / Comments / Tracked Changes / XMP / Exif metadata)
- 📊 .xlsx (Core Properties / Custom Properties)
- 📷 .png (XMP / Exif metadata)
- 📷 .jpg (XMP / Exif metadata)
- 📷 .jpeg (XMP / Exif metadata)
- 📧Integrates directly into Gmail
- 🔒Securely cleans sensitive documents
- 🔏Prevents unintentionally divulging confidential information
- 📄Improves PDF compatibility
- 🗜️Powerful document compression
- 👨⚖️Legal professionals
- 👨💼Chartered professional accountants
- 🕵️♀️Government officials and employees
- 👩⚕️Medical professionals (HIPAA compliant)
- 👩💻Journalists and their contacts
More information on Okatee can be found here: https://okatee.com/