Viewer/editor for your chrome bookmarks: no upload needed, full tab view.
Firstly : The extension is mostly useful if you have a lot of bookmarks. Also, any feedback is appreciated, especially positive ones or the ones about any improvements.
BASIC IDEA: This extension is primarily meant for viewing bookmarks on full screen and also managing them. It edits the bookmarks in chrome browser itself - move / rename / delete etc. The extension shows bookmarks saved in your browser on full screen in a new tab. The extension does not upload your data anywhere, as it is not needed.
SYNC: This extension does not affect syncing in any way - if you want to sync, you can turn sync on in your browser - this is just an editor. I tested this with version 4.0 by sharing bookmarks between my mobile and laptop.
TIP: if you lose a link or folder (you can just group and undo group for folders) and that link should definitely be on screen, you can use google chrome's default search method by pressing CTRL + F.
GROUP: If you have trouble finding bookmarks on the page, click "group" button- it shows folders first alphabetically and then bookmarks sorted by web address. However if you want to rearrange on bookmarks bar's top folders and links, you need to do so without clicking "undo group" - "group" always shows items alphabetically.
HOW I USE THIS: I personally use it to view all my bookmarks occasionally and to hide some of their names so that they show as simply icons on the bookmarks bar(use right click). Also it is useful when searching something - the extension gives better access to bookmarks just saved and folders. I sometimes save new bookmarks on bookmarks bar and then rearrange using this extension.
NO UPLOAD REQUIRED: This extension runs locally in chrome and does not upload or download anything from web. It just opens an instructions website(to be created and its with ads) in a 'sandbox iframe'(that separates your web page from loaded site - as a precaution) on the side, if you are online.
I have tried to make this extension simple, intuitive and useful - any suggestions or feedback will be appreciated.
Also, if you press F12 and then click console, it shows the time it took the to set up database - time to access data, arrange the data and then start showing things on screen.
It provides basic functionality - show all bookmarks, recent bookmarks, search and duplicates- using 4 menu buttons on side. The bookmarks with exact same web address are considered duplicates.
The extension also has basic features such as drag and drop to rearrange bookmarks. Also a lot of functionality works through right click.
Apart from this there are other features such as:-
* You can drop bookmark folders on side menu on left - this pins the folder there. This is useful if you have too many bookmarks in a single folder because now when you click on the side menu, the folder is opened in full view - filling the entire page with its content - like in file system. Also you can drop files on the pinned folders.
* Right click menu : offers some more features including easier renaming option, option to delete bookmarks, copy bookmarks and also to hide its name (showing only its icon in bookmarks bar - you can get name back using right click).
* Sort : It mainly helps in finding folders. I have mentioned this above.
* Tags : If you tag bookmarks, they can be searched using search feature of the extension - click on search button mentioned in first point.
* Edit Mode : It just allows you to select and apply simple operations - move, tag, delete - to multiple bookmarks/folders at once - using buttons for the functions.
* Search : The extension has its own bookmarks search - it uses tags, if any. If you edit something, search reloads.
You will find better information about other features available by clicking on 'INFO/ABOUT button that appears on top right of extension page. I made that page so that I can upload a video there - will do it later on. 'INFO/ABOUT' button loads a website with instructions, lists some more features and talks about privacy. The website(work in progress) is opened in a sand-boxed 'iframe' (so that the iframe cannot interfere with the extension even by mistake), this page does not upload anything, but has advertisements.