Obvibase makes creating an online database as easy and fast as creating a spreadsheet.
UPDATE: Chrome Apps are deprecated, but Obvibase is now a Progressive Web App, meaning that it works offline without you having to install it. Obvibase is also now available in Google Play store, and we welcome Chromebook and Android users to install it from there: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.obvibase.www.twa
Obvibase is a distraction-free online database editor that you do not need to learn, but can just start using and benefiting from. It works on both desktop and mobile.
There are a few things we miss in spreadsheets when we are working with data that has a structure to it. If, for instance, you want something as simple as a column of checkboxes, the best you can do is have a column in which you type 'Y' or 'N'. With Obvibase we have tried to build an app that makes use of the structure of your data but at the same time does not subtract from the ease-of-use of spreadsheets.
- The edits you make are automatically saved in the cloud and synced across devices and users.
- Checkboxes and other widgets, default values, live sorting/filtering, attached Drive/Dropbox files, and other features that improve the way we work with data tables.
- Represent relationships between database tables by @-mentioning records in other records.
- Continue editing data when you're offline, sync up your edits when back online.
- If you need a database for your personal use, our forever-free Basic plan likely has you covered.