Obvibase makes creating an online database as easy and fast as creating a spreadsheet. Attach files from Google Drive.
There are a few things we miss in spreadsheets when we are working with data that has a structure to it. If, for instance, you want something as simple as a column of checkboxes, the best you can do is have a column in which you type 'Y' or 'N'. With Obvibase we have tried to build an app that makes use of the structure of your data but at the same time does not subtract from the ease-of-use of spreadsheets.
- Clean and simple design.
- Checkboxes, multiple choice dropdowns, default values, tables nested in cells, and more.
- Attach files to database records. Choose existing files in Google Drive or Dropbox, or upload files from your computer.
- Edit table cells and add rows like you would in a spreadsheet.
- Changes are auto-saved and visible to other users in real time.
- Sign in easily with your account on Google or Facebook.
WHY INSTALL CHROME APP?
So that Obvibase can access the clipboard - this enables better copy/paste.
ARE DATABASES STORED IN GOOGLE DRIVE?
The database itself is stored on Obvibase, and attached files are stored in Google Drive or Dropbox. To ensure reliability, all data that we store is replicated in real time across multiple datacenters. You data doesn't get stuck on Obvibase: you can always export it into csv format (including permanent links to attached Google Drive or Dropbox files).
WHAT IS THE PRICING?
Obvibase is completely free for individual use, or what we call the Basic plan. With this plan, you can have any number of databases and give other people read-only access to them. With the Pro plan ($4.99/month), you can let other people not just view, but also edit your databases. For two or more people to be able to collaboratively edit a database, only its owner has to have a Pro subscription.