Number Line helps students visualize number sequences and demonstrate strategies for counting, comparing, and arithmetic.
Number Line helps students visualize number sequences and illustrate strategies for counting, comparing, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Choose number lines labelled with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, or negative numbers. Or use a blank number line, with or without tick marks.
Describe intervals between points on the line using forward or backward jumps above and below the line. Jumps can also be labelled with their values or left blank. Add custom tick marks to the number line to show equivalence or compare number values. Show strategies with drawing and annotation tools.
Hide elements of the sequence shown on the number line, which challenges students to use what they know about number relationships and computation to identify those missing elements.
This virtual number line is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use laptops, iPads, Chromebooks, or Windows devices.
The number line is a key model used in Bridges in Mathematics, second edition. Online preview available.
• Mark the number line with multiples of whole numbers, fractions, or decimals. Set the starting value of the line, including using negative values.
• Add and manipulate forward and backward jumps, above or below the line.
• Label jump bars, manually or automatically, to show intervals or hide labels altogether.
• Add custom tick marks and values to the blank number lines.
• Hide and reveal jumps, numbers, and other elements with resizable covers to create your own problems and model strategies.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.