Extension for automatically launching V8 Inspector for Node.js debugging
Node.js Inspector Manager (NiM)
Please NOTE: This verson is frozen at 0.11.x and is not being updated. If you would like access to all future features and updates (of which there are currently many since this version), please install the latest:
Use in 3 easy steps:
2. Set hostname and port or use the default localhost and 9229.
3. Click Open DevTools or change setting to Auto
NiM streamlines your Node.js development cycle when using Chrome DevTools Inspector.
NiM manages the Chrome DevTools window/tab life-cycle leaving you with more ability to focus on what matters... debugging your code. You no longer need to copy/paste DevTools URL's or continue opening/closing tabs/windows.
NiM automatically detects the URL that is generated when running node (locally or remotely) with --inspect option. NiM provides you with the option of automatically opening and closing Chrome DevTools in a tab or window. Just toggle the Manual/Auto setting and then start a debugging session. DevTools will open either on clicking the "Open DevTools" button or after the specified timeout period. If set to auto close, once you end your debugging session, DevTools will close automatically.
- Manage and monitor local and remote debugging sessions
- Manual or automatic control of DevTools interface
- Open DevTools in a new tab or window
- Make DevTools focused or inactive on start
- Customize duration between v8 Inspector probes
- Auto-save settings
If you enjoy using NiM please give us a 5 star rating and/or a G+1. Any and all feedback is encouraged and welcome. firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance.