A lightweight Nightmode theme for Facebook Messenger
THIS EXTENSION ONLY WORKS ON messenger.com NOT DIRECTLY THROUGH FACEBOOK. Please do not leave inaccurate reviews if you are not using the correct site.
A simple, lightweight Chrome extension that enables a nightmode theme for Facebook's Messenger. This is a small side project that I am working on to provide a long-requested feature for Facebook's Messenger. If you notice any issues or would like to request features, please feel free to do so!
- Fixed white border around message entry field
- Fixed chat message colours due to Facebook updating their CSS variable sources
- Updated scroll bar to match dark mode theme within conversations (thanks Josh)
- Updated some overrides not working (search panel, emoji search panel, etc.)
- Fixed some icons not inverting colour (e.g. "Search in Conversation", Windows Messenger App icon)
- Added full nightmode support for Messenger redesign
- Note: If Facebook is aiming to transition everyone to the redesign, I will shift towards releasing updates only for the new version of Messenger. The extension will still be backwards compatible with the old version of Messenger, unless it causes issues.
- Removed bug with clicking popup showing an error message.
- Updated permissions to minimal level for store policy update compliance.
- Fixed colouring for names in group chats and in search
- Added new preview screenshots
- Fixed colouring for event invitations and reminders
- Hotfix for replies background styling
- Updated tooltip colour for message box
- Update to match Facebook's Messenger facelift (sorry about the delay, just received the update myself!)
- Updated colours on names, icons, reaction backgrounds, and menus
- Fixed border issues and improved hover colours to be clearer in nightmode
- Hotfix to received link embed text colour
- Visibility update to mentions and links
- Updated search titles/headers
- Fixed single emoji messages (removed chat bubble background)
- Minor updates to vertical and horizontal dividers
- Backend cleanup (removed nonfunctional popup feature - still in development)
- Hotfix for reply feature
- Link embeds visual update
- Dividers in main chat window and "Shared Photos" improved
- Improved differentiation between read and unread messages for visibility
- Support for Messenger's new "reply" feature
- Viewing images enhanced with translucent background
- Image preview grid colour updated
- Mini-menus (e.g. games, GIF, stickers, etc.) have been updated to support night mode
- Link embeds and previews improved
Special thanks to Marko and Martin