Use Messenger.com at night! A UNOFFICIAL night mode for Facebook's web app. We have no affiliation with Facebook.
Night Messenger is an UNOFFICIAL Night Mode for Messenger.com.
Simply click the icon to use.
As of v1.2.5, this extension can be now considered "stable". However, changes from Facebook's end could still break it unpredictably, so keep an eye out for changes and stability fixes. If such a change should occur, I'll do my best to patch and update the extension within 48 hours.
1. Install by clicking "Add To Chrome."
2. Go to Messenger.com and sign in. (If you already have the window open, refresh it!)
3. Click the extension's icon.
4. You should now be in Night Mode. Yay!
FEATURES IN THE WORKS:
- NIGHTBOOK: A night mode for Facebook itself.
- UPDATED UI ICONS: Some of the icons are coded inconsistently in the Messenger.com UI, so it's a bit weird targeting them all to the new theme.
- UPDATED EXTENSION ICON: Let's face it, it looks pretty basic right now.
- CONSISTENT CHAT COLORS: Right now, the chat colors are *sometimes* retained, sometimes reset to the "blue" color. I'll attempt to patch this so that your color preferences are consistently retained.
v1.2.7 - Added icons! And minified images! And minified CSS! This means faster loading everytime you load.
v1.2.6 - Routine update, adding back and correcting old styles. Behind the scenes optimizations for more rapid development using gulp.
v1.2.5 - YouTube video demoing the installation of the extension has been added. Also, as per user "Andy M's request, the permissions have been reduced to just Messenger.com as they should have been. Thanks Andy! Also - to all users - in the interest of clarity, please remember that if you have any concerns about how your data is being exposed to this extension, you can check the link to the code at the bottom of this post. The code open-source.
v1.2.4 - Reverted a "Border" that was added around each message by a Facebook update.
v1.2.3 - Tweaked UI CSS for new elements that have since been added; added subtle animation for new unread messages.
v1.2.2 - Tentative visual update with a new color scheme!
v1.2.1 - Fixed a bug with initial load (thank you Rebecca!). Removed dependency on jQuery and now uses Vanilla JS. Opted to use ID instead of CLASSNAME for nightmessenger file.
v1.2.0 -Saved State has now been implemented. Now, your on/off preference should be saved to the cloud. Also: removed unnecessary files, modified permissions to allow for the "saving" feature.
v1.1.4 - Bug fixes (derp). Coverage of CSS elements is nearly complete.
v1.1.3 - Bug fixes. More elements have been switched over. Certain behind the scenes optimizations should make the extension toggle more responsively.
V1.1.2 - Bug fixes. Optimized performance a little bit. Removed annoying Messenger mobile app banner.
V1.1.1 - Bug fixes. Changed the way that "night mode" was applied/removed in the background.
Link to the code on Github: https://github.com/aflashyrhetoric/nightmessenger