Bilingual Subtitles for Netflix (fixed)
Best ever Chrome/Firefox extension to unleash bilingual subtitles on Netflix!
This is a fixed and updated re-release of the original NflxMultiSubs. This version contains a fix for the 2021 Netflix redesign that broke the original, and has various other bugfixes and improvements.
Click on the extension button to access the extension settings.
Note: this extension will only show the subtitle languages that are available in your country.
- Enable secondary subtitles in the available languages (incl. image-based subtitles like Japanese, Chinese, Russian, …)
- Smart selection on secondary subtitles. Choose between 3 subtitle activation modes: disabled; automatically match subtitle language to audio language; or remember the last selected language.
- Seamless integration with native Netflix player UI -- switch languages in place
- Adjust playback speed with a hotkey ( [ and ] )
- Free and open source!
Please use the Support page to report bugs (or preferably on Github).
- Fix line breaks not showing up in secondary subs
- Fix critical bug in subtitle builder
- NEW: You can now change the color of text-based subs from the settings page.
- Fix primary sub scaling
- Improve secondary sub scaling for 4K displays
- Show vertical scrollbar when subtitle list overflows
- Fix fatal crash in image subs builder
- Fix selected sub icon style
- Improve subtitle visibility
- Also try to match captioning type when activating last used language
- Fix another instance of image-based subtitle overlap
- Fix default audio language selection
- Fix playback rate controller
- NEW: Show last used language in settings menu
- Fix icon desaturation when video player is closed
- Fix subtitle menu style
- Fix last used language not always saving
- NEW: Add secondary language options (disabled, audio, last used)
- Fix subtitles overlapping in certain cases
- Fix image-based subtitle scaling
- Fix image-based subs sometimes falling outside of top screen edge
- Improve subtitles activating on the first try without requiring a refresh
- Fix subs not loading without player refresh
v2.2.0 (first release):
- Fix for the September 2021 Netflix redesign that broke the original extension