What's in your news? Find out using this free tool by the Freedom Forum Institute and Our.News.
The Newseum, Freedom Forum Institute and Our.News are pleased to launch Newstrition®, a new tool that makes it easier for anyone to make informed decisions about what is real and what is “junk” news and content. These free Chrome and Firefox browser extensions provide background information about news publishers (verified by the Freedom Forum Institute at the Newseum), allowing users to check and rate a story’s sources and also rate the stories themselves. After adding to your browser, just read the news anywhere you normally do. When you want to dig deeper, or rate any news article, just click the Newstrition icon!
For every news article, everywhere:
- Check the background of the publisher
- See Media Bias Ratings from AllSides
- Look at the article's sources of facts
- Vote & contribute your own fact sources
- Rate the news for a variety of factors
- See the overall public opinion scores
- See reviews from other fact-checkers
- and much more!
TROUBLESHOOTING: Some ad-blockers may interfere with our extension. If you're having trouble, consider disabling all ad and popup blockers. See https://our.news/faq?ffi=1 for more assistance.