Find Reddit or Hacker News discussions on the current page!
This extension checks Reddit or Hacker News, to see if the current page is listed on their site (see video). If there is a post on one of these sites, there will be a button added to the bottom corner of the screen.
==== Changelog ====
- Updated to the extension manifest version 3
- Reddit results parsing moved to content.js script (can't access DOM in service worker)
- Better rendering of icons (using SVG instead of fonts)
- Improve post title that's passed into "submit link"
- Fix build system to pass firefox's automated build systems
- Style fix - Better padding and alignment of buttons
- Fix for reddit api with comments over 1,000 (Because there's a comma in the number string)
- Fix iframe issue, by using shadow DOM (Closes https://github.com/benwinding/newsit/issues/10)
- Fixes "Hide [+] When No Results" feature
- Fixes "SharedArrayBuffer will require cross-origin isolation" messages in console (https://github.com/facebook/create-react-app/issues/10474)
- Added option "Hide [+] When No Results"
- Added '+' icon to resubmit link, even if results are there
- Better search results by ignoring the "www." and "m." in urls
- Added the "Submit link" button, when no results are found.
- Can now view all results found from HN and Reddit
- Major refactor for reliability and maintainability (details here: https://github.com/benwinding/newsit/pull/4)
- Fix Reddit Lookup by Using Background Scripts
- Source code here: https://github.com/benwinding/newsit
- Submit to Hacker News
- Submit to Reddit
- Adds link to Reddit post (if it was posted there)
- Adds link to Hacker News post (if it was posted there)
- Displays number of comments for that discussion on link
- Works asynchronously as the page loads
- Works on SPA's (Single Page Applications)
- Enable globally or on a site by site basis
Hope it's as useful to you as it is to me!
*** UPDATES ***
* Smaller size < 150kb
* Code not bundled, minified or obfuscated
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: