Find Reddit or Hacker News discussions on the current page!
This extension checks Reddit or Hacker News, to see if the current page is listed on their site (see video). If there is a post on one of these sites, there will be a button added to the bottom corner of the screen.
- Better search results by ignoring the "www." and "m." in urls
- Added the "Submit link" button, when no results are found.
- Can now view all results found from HN and Reddit
- Major refactor for reliability and maintainability (details here: https://github.com/benwinding/newsit/pull/4)
- Fix Reddit Lookup by Using Background Scripts
- Source code here: https://github.com/benwinding/newsit
- Submit to Hacker News
- Submit to Reddit
- Adds link to Reddit post (if it was posted there)
- Adds link to Hacker News post (if it was posted there)
- Displays number of comments for that discussion on link
- Works asynchronously as the page loads
- Works on SPA's (Single Page Applications)
- Enable globally or on a site by site basis
Hope it's as useful to you as it is to me!
*** UPDATES ***
* Smaller size < 150kb
* Code not bundled, minified or obfuscated
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: